La Romana..What to do there?!?

ILCruzr

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just got back and did the Dreams All Inclusive resort on our stop to La Romana. I would highly recommending this place! The resort was very beautiful with a wonderful beach, several pools, fantastic service and food. They had tons of activities to join in on (dance lessons, water aerobics, shuffleboard, etc). There is also children's activities which looked fun. We stayed mostly around the beach area and the staff was constantly bringing us drinks. There were several restaurant options to choose from and the food was very good. The all inclusive pass was $60/person which we paid upon arrival at the resort. You will need to take a taxi to get there because it is about a 30 min ride from the ship port. The taxi's will negotiate prices, but we paid $20/person round trip.

If you are interested the person that I contacted at Dreams is Victor. His cell # is 829-885-2949. The taxi driver that we used was recommended by Victor at Dreams so we trusted him. The taxi driver is Mr Carlos phone # 809-350-1194. I texted Victor the day before we arrive in DR to confirm and he was very nice in helping us arrange Carlos to pick us up.

Thank you soooooo much for the info!!!!:D I believe we are going to do this!

How was the walk from the ship to where you get the taxis? My Inlaws are traveling with us and wondered if they will be able to handle the walk???

Thanks for your help!

PS sooooo nice to hear someone say something nice about DR!!! I was getting worried!!!

Tamara, I'm still kicking myself for not going with all of you to Dreams. I would LOVE to see some photos of Dreams. When you get some time, do you think you might be able to post some on this thread? I'm glad you all had a good time there. Believe me, I was thinking about you when I was at the Bayahibe Beach Resort!:(

Thanks! I think I will do this too. How far in advance did you reserve this with him?

You don't need a reservation. Just go to the resort and pay in the lobby.

We are a large group so they asked us to let them know how many of us are coming about a month in advance.:D

I think 20$ per person for the taxi is way over priced! How many people do the taxi's hold?

;)

Hey Swiss can you tell me what was included for the $60.00? Drinks, food, beach chairs, etc

Everything. Food drinks, activities, nonmotorited watercraft, towels, chairs, access to all pools and wonderful beach

Archived