How do I know where to go for excursions?

dcmteacher

We have booked two excursions through Carnival for our cruise in July....one in Progresso and the other in Cozumel. How will we know where to report to when we get off at the ports? Does Carnival give us any info the night before? or Are there signs when we get off of the ship?

I'm having thoughts of being left behind from our excursions because we don't know where to go:rolleyes:

Relax, it will be easy to find your group. Your tickets will be in your mailbox by your cabin door or left in your cabin. I think we've had it done both ways. We've done it many times with no problem. Enjoy your trip!

I would guess your first full day is an "at-sea" day, so you'll have plenty of time then to ask the excursion desk when and where to be and it won't be as crowded then. Some excursions meet in a public room on the ship and all go off the ship as a group. Some, you get off the ship and follow signs, especially excursions that are not time dependent -- going to the beach is an example. Some you might take your own transportation (taxi) -- again going to the beach is an example. The ship's excursion desk will answer your questions. Have fun. Remember -- "Ship's time", not necessarily local time.

Not to worry Carnival is good at directing you where to go.

And if they can't don't worry there are always lots of passengers to tell you where to go.:D If fact I have a lot of them always telling me to go to the same place......funny I don't think its a tour;)

As others have said, you will have your tickets and there will be a person with a sign for you to report to on the pier. If you walk off the ship with tickets in hand, and you have a confused look, someone is going to point you in the right direction. Be forewarned..... There will be a long walk down the pier at Cozumel before you reach the gates. The people with the excursion signs will be on the other side of those gates. Don't worry. Everyone was once a first timer like you, and we all found our excursions. You'll be fine! HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

Also, since you have booked your excursions through Carnival, they WILL provide your transportation, usually an air conditioned "Greyhound type" bus, to the excursion location. :)

We have booked two excursions through Carnival for our cruise in July....one in Progresso and the other in Cozumel. How will we know where to report to when we get off at the ports? Does Carnival give us any info the night before? or Are there signs when we get off of the ship?

I'm having thoughts of being left behind from our excursions because we don't know where to go:rolleyes:

I read through responses and all bang on for signs etc - it will be a walk in the park. Just a note here though - if you have booked a beach excursion with Carnival they will also provide beach towels along with your tickets. These are big, bulky and heavy and if you lose it they are $22 each. I always take cheap, big WalMart types so if I lose it no big deal and they are skinny so easily fit a couple into a beach bag and take up next to no room in suitcase. I have often just left them behind if I don't have room are buying souveniers.

And if they can't don't worry there are always lots of passengers to tell you where to go.:D If fact I have a lot of them always telling me to go to the same place......funny I don't think its a tour;)

Actually, in Grand Cayman, it is. It may stop at the Turtle Farm and Stingray City, as well. :)

Paul

Archived