Spirit Dailies

Yep, "cruisinsforme." I was aboard from April 30 to May 14 (to Bermuda twice).

I have the "Dailies." I don't have a way to show them to you, but I am willing to look up anything that you may want to know.

I would love to see the menus if you happened to take pictures of any of them.

I am anxiously waiting for the Spirit to head back to NOLA since I am sure the Dailies will change a lot with the different itinerary.

Make sure to try the ribs in Windows for your embarkation lunch! They are really delicious and Windows is so much more civilized than the buffet that day. Avoid the cold sesame beef noodle dish offered on that lunch - it looks so good on the menu and fails to deliver.

You will love the Spirit! We travel on her for the third time in Feb. and we're planning our 4th in 2012! It's my favorite ship.

I'm sorry, "alwalaska," but I didn't have a camera with me.

I have only some hand-written notes about what I ordered in the MDRs and SRs (and not what I didn't order!).

I agree with you about the ribs, "LenaB." And it is so very relaxing to sit in the nearly empty and quiet "Windows" on Embarkation Day afternoon, rather than at the overcrowded and noisy buffet.

Thanks for the note on the ribs. DH and I both enjoy ribs. I am sure there is something on the menu DS will eat.

I was thinking about trying Blue Lagoon on embarkation day if it is open before everyone else finds it. :rolleyes: There are several items I would like to try, but I hear it is always very busy.

I love Blue Lagoon very late at night. Years ago on the Sun, the only thing available after midnight was room service (which was a long wait!) or some cookies - they weren't very appetizing after a fun day of sun, playing & drinking more than usual. When we discovered the Blue Lagoon - it was a cruise dream answered!

Hubby loves the fish & chips and tomato soup. I love the panini! Then we can have full tummies and sweet dreams with the sound of the ocean in the background.

Folks,

Here is a list of the pre-supper dining options aboard the Spirit on Embarkation Day, May 7, 2010:

0. Room Service -- 24 hours (but very limited menu)

1. Raffles Court Buffet -- 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM

2. Windows MDR -- 12:00 N to 2:30 PM

3. Bier Garten Grill (burgers, etc.) -- 12:00 N to 6:00 PM

4. Blue Lagoon Cafe -- "Open after Boat Drill" [which took place from about 3:30 PM to 3:45 (outside, but without lifejackets)]

5. Poolside Sailaway Barbecue -- 4:00 PM to "close" [weather permitting -- delicious, but could "spoil" your supper!]

Enjoy! :)

Folks,

Here is a list of the pre-supper dining options aboard the Spirit on Embarkation Day, May 7, 2010:

0. Room Service -- 24 hours (but very limited menu)

1. Raffles Court Buffet -- 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM

2. Windows MDR -- 12:00 N to 2:30 PM

3. Bier Garten Grill (burgers, etc.) -- 12:00 N to 6:00 PM

4. Blue Lagoon Cafe -- "Open after Boat Drill" [which took place from about 3:30 PM to 3:45 (outside, but without lifejackets)]

5. Poolside Sailaway Barbecue -- 4:00 PM to "close" [weather permitting -- delicious, but could "spoil" your supper!]

Enjoy! :)

Thank you for taking the time to look up and post all that info.

Archived