Caribbean princess

MARCOPOLOSMITH

Hello...

i have just returned from a travel agency and i am considering the Sept. 18th sailing out of Boston. I am hoping a friend will join me but if not, would I be the odd person out if I were to cruise on my own. What is the average age of the New England sailing...are there children on the cruise?

Thanks....i need to make up my mind soon.

According to a CC thread, Princess offered a free round-trip shuttle from the Boston Cruise Terminal to the Quincy Market area. Does anyone if this service is still offered?

I was on the CB in October 2009 and here is the info. I have. Shuttle to Quincy Market,$15. per person, round trip. 2 meeting times of 10:15am & 10:45am.

I suggest when you exit Black falcon terminal turn left and cross the street and the Silver Line(SL2) bus stop is here. It takes you straight to the subway/metro. It cost only $2.00 per person.(can look on http://www.mbta.com for the subway stops) We took the SL2 bus to the subway to the redline and went to Harvard,then Harvard to Little Italy section and walked part of the Freedom trail. Then hopped on SL2 bus back to dock area. All very easy if you do a little research prior. Happy cruising.:)

Hello...

i have just returned from a travel agency and i am considering the Sept. 18th sailing out of Boston. I am hoping a friend will join me but if not, would I be the odd person out if I were to cruise on my own. What is the average age of the New England sailing...are there children on the cruise?

There are all ages onboard. A few kids,but not that many.

You do realize that there is no single supplement on Princess? You will pay for 2 people as a single. If that is cool, by all means go. You can meet up with your fellow roll call members, so you will not be cruising alone.:)

I have taken 2 New England/Canada- Princess cruises and enjoyed both of them.

thank you for that information about "no single supplement" on Princess...

my travel agency didn't point that out to me...I actually hadn't done my homework either since I went in to see her armed with Holland America brochures and she switched my thinking to Princess....

Hello...

Hi! My husband and I as well as some friends are also considering this date. Its actually out of New York, not Boston. Also we're all 29-30 yrs old and from what I understand, since this sails after school has started there are no kids and the age skews older than say, if you sailed in july or august. also, based on what some have said on this board abt sailing this itinerary during these dates, the ship is generally quiet after 10pm.

I would think it depends when you cruise. If you go during the summer, there will be plenty of families with kids. Cruising in September, once school is in session, there will be very few kids.

Archived