Completely Random Question: Do they still fold the toilet paper?

BroncosFan2010

Quote: Is it true that outside cabins have outhouses?

Yep it sure is...it sure saves on the fuel issue. Good ole Methan:D Talk about going green. You even recycle the old catalogs.

If everyone flushes at the same time will the boat go faster?

I am envisioning newcomers reading these boards, comparing cruise lines trying to determine which will be best. On other cruise boards they can also find the usual mundane debates about dress codes, tipping, smoking, choosing cabin location, smuggling booze, and such. But only the Celebrity board has an impressive 8 page discussion of toilet paper.

Besides which, it is educational. 99.9% of Americans most likely would never know anything about Bronco toilet paper if not for this board.

Well, I think toilet paper is a very important part of choosing a cruise line. I would not want to be on board a ship for 7 days and not have adequate TP!

Besides which, it is educational. 99.9% of Americans most likely would never know anything about Bronco toilet paper if not for this board.

The announcement in the national press on 19 October 1989 that Bronco was to discontinue the manufacture of hard toilet paper marked an important stage in the thousand year history of this commodity, a history which cloacopapyrologists are only now beginning to document adequately. In the account which follows I shall use the non-U term "toilet paper" in preference to the U term "lavatory paper" since this is the way it was first designated in trade literature during the Victorian period.

from

http://www.ephemera-society.org.uk/articles/cloacopapyrology.html

Click on thumbnail

bronco.jpg.f9fbef9c03898d3413c5fb179eb464e4.jpg

If anyone reads "Janet Evanovich" and her "Plum" Series. She came out with "Sizzling Sixteen"

Here is one of the plot lines

And she has trouble capturing Dirk, a man who stole toilet paper of restrooms on the New Jersey Turnpike as a protest of their quality.

Please don't let the thread fold. We were on a roll.

During today's TV telecast of the Argentina-Mexico World Cup match, someone tossed onto the field what seemed to be a roll of toilet paper, which unfurled in the strong wind. The referee halted the game while an attendant removed the paper (I did not observe if it was folded at its end). The stuff was hauled off the field without splitting along any of its indentations. It seemed to be of good quality. Perhaps Celebrity should find out this brand and use it on their fleet? :D

Donald.

This thread is over 6 pages! There is only so much about tp that you can talk about. LOL

Well, obviously there was a tush (I mean touch!) more to talk about. Page 9! I've really enjoyed reading the scholarly research!;)

Well I've just returned from the Infinity (Alaska) and here are the results. We were in the CC Deck 7 (4 rooms) and the results were as follows. I noticed that the TP was folded with a triangle at the end. I have to agree with Donald the TP was not a very strong quality. It had a tendancy to break real easy. Another problem with the TP roll was the holder that it was placed in had a tendency to come off the roll. It can be kind of tricky if the roll comes off when you are sitting on the throne.:eek: :D

My in-laws who are new to cruising found the sound of the flush rather amusing. We all had a great trip and look forward to more reviews. Keep it rolling.

Someone was very talented to do that animal out of toilet paper! I want one it my room so there will be one in the bathroom & one in the room. :D

I like the paper folded and the strip of paper over the toilet seat when I stay away from home makes me feel like the room is freshly cleaned. Toilet paper always over the top. If it is under I will change it. :D However, if none of those things aren't done I'll still have a great vacation! :)

Uniform Plumbing Code Section 409.2.2 requires an open front seat: "All water closet seats, except those within dwelling units or for private use, shall be of the open front type."

The purpose of the open front is a subject of debate. Some say that it is so (the rest redacted)

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_seat

Subject: Re: Toilet seats in public places. Why is the opening in the front of the seat?

from

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=210555

Uniform Plumbing Code Section 409.2.2 requires an open front seat: "All water closet seats, except those within dwelling units or for private use, shall be of the open front type."

The purpose of the open front is a subject of debate. Some say that it is so (the rest redacted)

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_seat

Subject: Re: Toilet seats in public places. Why is the opening in the front of the seat?

from

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=210555

And we think the EU is bad!!! Some legisaltors have far too much time.

Sue

Archived