Price Drops

Forgive me if this has been discussed previously as I could not find what I was looking for.

In the past when RC would lower the price of a cruise you had already booked you could just call them up and they would honor the lower price.

I have a friend who just booked a cruise and I told them about this. They said when they booked now they only have 48 hours after they've booked?

Forgive me if this has been discussed previously as I could not find what I was looking for.

In the past when RC would lower the price of a cruise you had already booked you could just call them up and they would honor the lower price.

I have a friend who just booked a cruise and I told them about this. They said when they booked now they only have 48 hours after they've booked?

If you book after 17th of May and you are already past the final payment then yes your friend is correct. If you are not at final payment then they will honor price drops, after, they no longer will .

I just found a $38 per person price drop and it was a simple phone call to RCI to get the on-board credit. They were very nice about it. I think after you have made your final payment, on-board credit is what they offer. That arrangement suited me fine. Good luck.

So if after final payment, the price drops $100.

We get nothing? No OBC ?

Isn't Final payment due like 3 months out?

:rolleyes:

If your booking was made after May 17, 2010, that is correct. You get nothing.

It's all just beginning to sink in for the masses.

Confused??? May 17,2010??? So, does this mean RCL will no longer honor any price drop after this date?:confused:

TSPQ: If you BOOKED your cruise after May 17, 2010, then you can no longer get a price drop after final payment. If the amount of drop actually means that a higher category of cabin is the same or less than the category that you booked, then they MAY grant you an upgrade to that category.

If the booking was made before May 17th-

Before final payment due date you could get:

1. An upgrade

2. The price difference

3. onboard credit

After final payment due date you could get:

1. An upgrade

2. Onboard credit

If the booking was made May 17th or later-

Before final payment due date you could get:

1. An upgrade

2. The price difference

3. onboard credit

After final payment due date you could get:

1. An upgrade

If your booking was made May 17th or later, final payment due date fell within 48 hours of creation AND you are still within those 48 hours AND the price reduction fell within those 48 hours, you can-

1. Get an upgrade

2. Apply online for the Best Price Guarantee and get 110% of the price difference in obc

Archived