Visiting Murano - Friday or Saturday?

Infi

We will be in Venice for four days, flying in on a Thursday and staying through Sunday (when we board the ship). One day we plan to go to Murano, see the glassblowing, wander, and maybe visit Burano if we have some spare time. We would also like to visit the museums etc. in St. Mark's square. Having trouble deciding which day to do which activity. Thursday and Sunday are both out, but would Friday or Saturday be best for Murano? I'm thinking the crowds in Venice might be worse on Saturday, so it might be worth it to escape to Murano for the day. Would it be easier to try and do some of St. Mark's on Thursday and the rest on Friday? I know there will be crowds anywhere, but trying to avoid some of them if possible. What do you all think? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

We will be in Venice for four days, flying in on a Thursday and staying through Sunday (when we board the ship). One day we plan to go to Murano, see the glassblowing, wander, and maybe visit Burano if we have some spare time. We would also like to visit the museums etc. in St. Mark's square. Having trouble deciding which day to do which activity. Thursday and Sunday are both out, but would Friday or Saturday be best for Murano? I'm thinking the crowds in Venice might be worse on Saturday, so it might be worth it to escape to Murano for the day. Would it be easier to try and do some of St. Mark's on Thursday and the rest on Friday? I know there will be crowds anywhere, but trying to avoid some of them if possible. What do you all think? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

We were in Murano 3 weeks ago on a Saturday, it was crowded but not compared to St. Mark Square on a Saturday.

We did a 7 day cruise out of Venice and visited St. Marks on the Friday before the cruise, and then the Saturday after the cruise, the crowds on Saturday were almost double of those on Friday.

We were in Murano 3 weeks ago on a Saturday, it was crowded but not compared to St. Mark Square on a Saturday.

We did a 7 day cruise out of Venice and visited St. Marks on the Friday before the cruise, and then the Saturday after the cruise, the crowds on Saturday were almost double of those on Friday.

HI RSWBADGER! I recognize your name from the 5/22 RCL Roll Call. Did you have a great time on the cruise? We thoroughly enjoyed it. It was my first cruise and it certainly surpassed my expectations.

Sounds like you went to Murano before the cruise; we went afterwards. I agree with you 100% about the Sat crowds at St Marks. They're almost overwhelming! A Sat trip to Murano would be a lovely break. We went on Sunday; didn't visit a factory, just wandered around. Don't remember which ACTV line we took. We bought a day pass and went from Piazzelle Roma to St Marks to enjoy the trip down the Grand Canal,then transferred to the other St Marks stop where we caught the Murano bus, exiting at the first stop, Navagero. We wandered around Navagero for 2 hrs, had lunch then hopped on a bus to the Museo stop (much busier place than Navagero).

We didn't get to Murano 5 yrs ago when we visited. Very glad we made it this time. I highly recommend it. It's just ike Venice but without the crowds.

Archived