Spica Cast

keemo09

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had ever gone on a cruise with a child in a spica cast?

Unfortunately we are in that situation now and not sure if we will be able to take our cruise because of the spica cast.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Have you had this discussion with the child's doctor? Will they give you a fit to travel letter? I also would call the special needs department of your cruiseline and see what they require.

I haven't travelled with a child in a spica cast but I would be concerned with getting around the ship. Is this a young child who fits within a stroller in their cast? Cabin doorways are narrow so you might have to carry the child sideways through the doorway.

Sorry not much help but I can see why you are concerned. Good luck with your decision.:)

The doctor said it was ok to travel. I hadnt thought of calling the cruise line to see what they require. Thank you for the advice I will call them today. He does fit into a jogging stroller so i think we may use that around the ship

I think it would be very difficult. Most cruise ports are hot and the child is going to be very itchy/uncomfortable in that large of a cast. There would definately be no beach time d/t the fact if you get sand down that cast it would be a nightmare.

Another thing is to remember "bath" time is going to be rough. There isn't a lot of room in that bathroom to give a sponge bath.

I personally think a jogging stroller is going to be tough to use around the ship. Usually a full sized stroller seems massive in those hallways.

I wish I had "happier" comments to make but it just seems like a daunting task taking a cruise with a child in that large of a cast. I personally wouldn't try it.

Archived