just booked a cruise on the ruby should I buy insurance from my ta?

dis2cruise

or is there some other companies out there that might be better. we will be doing a 1 day pre-cruise plus booking our own airfare.

You should go to a site like insuremytrip.com and see what options are available to you, and what you need coverage for (health, pre-existing conditions, people you're leaving at home, all sorts of things). Also check your credit cards -- some of them have trip insurance built in. THEN look at the policy (or company) your travel agent is offering, and compare with what you've found.

Do this all right away, though. For some parts of trip insurance -- like insurance for pre-existing health conditions, you need to buy the insurance within 10 days or so of booking your cruise.

Always buy my insurance through insuremytrip.

You want to go check it out very soon if you just booked. Most policies require that they be purchased within x days (14-21 depending on the policy) of first payment for your trip. If you buy within that time, then the pre-existing condition exclusions are waived. (Certain conditions apply).

You can certainly purchase after that window too right up till you leave about and get all the other coverages.

I buy insurance through my agent. She carries an Access America policy that insuremytrip doesn't carry. This policy was written specifically for my agent's agency and it allows me to buy it at final payment and cover pre-exisiting conditions.

Look and see what your agent offers and then compare it to other policies.

Archived