Tipping...

oceanbound05

You do not need to tip the bartenders, they add 15% gratuity to every drink.

The waiters, along with the rest of the crew will be tipped either on the last night with an envelope or on your sea pass account.

If you use room service, you tip as you go. I do about $2 per delivery.

The recommended tip for stateroom attendant and wait staff is $10 per day per pax. Ineedacruise is right. A 15% gratuity is automatically added to each drink you sign for on your sail & sign account. If a particular bartender gives you acceptional service during your cruise, you may consider slipping him/her a little extra. Don't forget...tips are automatically placed on your shipboard account upon embarkation. You have the option of omitting the automatic tips from your account by making that request at the purser's desk.

John

Would the waiters for room service get rubbed the wrong way if we decide to tip him/her on the last day of cruise instead of along the way with each delivery? I know I probably won't get away with not carrying any cash onboard, but I would rather save them for port purchases.

LAX

Once I stake out the bar I'll be at the most, usually the pool bar, I tip the bartender right off & introduce myself. I've always gotten amazing service. That bartender will also usually tell me where else & when s/he is working so I can stop in there.

I'd at least give the room service wait staff $1-2 per delivery.

At the end of the cruise, if somebody stood out, I give them a little something, a personal thank you & a hearty handshake. I also make sure I write that person's name down on the comment card so their bosses are aware of the extra efforts.

YOu must tip room service at time of service. Otherwise, they won't be tipped. This is really the only exception to the tip at the end of the cruise rule. However, more and more ships are now auto charging your on board account with the recommended tip amounts for your steward, waiter and assistant. They do not usually put the tip on for the maitre'd, so you have to hand him an envelope at the end of the cruise if you tip him. Tip amounts that are auto charges can be adjusted at the pursors office. This is done for convenience and although I do like not having to flounder for cash for a family of four on the last day, I think I have noticed that some of the extra special touches have vanished. Anyone else experiencing this?

Archived