We are Losing Cruise Credits YIKES!

We have decided to go on Celebrity Solstice this August and I must tell you I am having tiny anxiety attacks about cruising and not gaining a RCCL point. Call me silly, stupid, whatever but the feeling is there. I keep telling myself 50 yrs from now it won’t make a difference! I obviously love RCCL, however sometimes the stars just do not align! Has anyone else stopped from booking another line from fear of losing that almighty credit?

I had posted this on Celebrity without thinking first:eek:

Withe way RCI keeps changing thinks it my not make any difference 6 months from now never mind 50 years.

To the OP: We have never felt that our status was as important as having a great time, with wonderful friends, on a super itinerary. We are D+ on RCCL and now it seems that lots of folks are going for the 100 cruises mark. Seems there is always another hurdle in the perk department!

We branched out and did a Celebrity Equinox cruise last December and I was highly impressed. It was a real eye opener! The perks on Celebrity are greater than RCCL at the Elite level, so enjoy your cruise.

Status and perks are wonderful but keep things in perspective. Try other lines and get to enjoy the differences between each of them. You won't be disappointed.

We have decided to go on Celebrity Solstice this August and I must tell you I am having tiny anxiety attacks about cruising and not gaining a RCCL point. Call me silly, stupid, whatever but the feeling is there. I keep telling myself 50 yrs from now it won’t make a difference! I obviously love RCCL, however sometimes the stars just do not align! Has anyone else stopped from booking another line from fear of losing that almighty credit?

I had posted this on Celebrity without thinking first:eek:

Credits are not really important to us and not a big factor in any decision to cruise. We would be at a higher level if we stuck to just RCCL Or X but the benefits aren't enough to keep me off a ship or itinerary that I like.

Hi Mark. :) Where did you get this information? Thanks. :)
Mostly from this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1211326

But similar info was posted on some other ones too. The gist of them is that tier changes are coming, likely in January, likely to be based on days rather than cruises, and likely to grandfather people in at their current status.

Hey Joyride - I hear we ruised with your Mom and Doug earlier this year - Penny just facebooked me and told me - do you do a lot of cruising? And your right about Celebrity - we are Diamond and Elite of Celebrity - You don't get any credits for cruising on Celebrity - just on Royal - Let me know if your planning any upcoming cruising - we so enjoyed your Mom and Doug on our cruise with them in March.:)

As others have said, I don´t book for any points.

What puzzles me is people who say we book x number of cruises to reach this or that level and then start booking with other lines. What does that gain you? If you are cruising other lines then your status doesn´t help you - am I missing something:confused:

I would say just to be sure they achieve the status before the rules change. Then they will feel more comfortable trying other lines knowing their status is in place.

Archived