Sydney pier for the Sun Princess?

Our cruise on the Sun Princess left from Darling Harbor, Wharf 8, but I could be wrong on the warf number, but it was definitely Darling Harbor.

We stayed at the Four Point Sheraton which is only live 4 block away and less than 5 minutes by taxi. It was very nice and included a fantastic buffet breakfast. I would highly recommen this hotel.

You can also walk everywhere from there to see the sights of the city.

Happy sailing.:p:p:p

Depends on your cruise two departure points in Sydney (i) Overseas Passenger Terminal - Circular Quay and (ii) Wharf 5 Hickson Road, Darling Harbour. (NB: Wharf 5 Darling Harbour TFN in lieu Wharf 8 under re-furbishment.) You can check your berth of departure here on this site :

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule

Accommodation in Sydney is dear as poison . If you depart from Darling Harbour suggest you contact :

http://www.metrohotels.com.au/sydney-hotels/metro-apartments-on-darling-harbour-4

Sorry Luker you posted the Overseas Passenger Terminal, the Darling Harbour pier is under the bridge and around the corner from there.

Hi Moyaroo! :)

No harm meant. I knew that Darling Harbour is another pier, but they had switched terminals on us last time I was there, so I thought I'd show this one just in case. It's nice to share photos of the areas and cities as well sometimes, so I just thought I'd post it.

Thanks! Luther

Thank you so much. Now, I need to find a reasonably priced hotel near Darling Harbour. Also, near a hop on, hop off bus stop would be wonderful! Any suggestions? The Four Points Sheraton sounds great, but it is $175 a night and we were hoping for something a little less expensive.:cool:

$ 175 a night is cheap for Sydney . Sydney CBD accommodation is some of the most expensive in the World . Not uncommon to try three or four hotels at that sort of rate and find them booked out 4 months in advance . So don't be too choosy. Also worth trying Metro Apartments on King St . Close to both International Cruise Terminal at Circular Quay, and Wharf 5 at Darling Harbour

(Hickson Rd) .

l

Thank you so much. Now, I need to find a reasonably priced hotel near Darling Harbour. Also, near a hop on, hop off bus stop would be wonderful! Any suggestions? The Four Points Sheraton sounds great, but it is $175 a night and we were hoping for something a little less expensive.:cool:

We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton and loved it. They let us check in at 9:00 am as soon as we got in from the airport after traveling 15 hrs from Los Angeles and the price of our room included a fantastic buffet breakfast with everything imaginable you would want.

Right across the walkway is the Sydney Wildlife World and the Sydney Aquarium. Alot of restaurants in the area and alot to see. Only took us 15 minutes to walk to Circular Quay to pick up the ferries to the different attractions in the city like the Taranga Zoo.

Sun Princess left out of Darling Harbor and was not even 5 minutes by taxi. Get there early. We got there at 11:00 am and were on the boat by 11:30 am. Very organized check in process with Princess. Happy sailing.:):):)

Archived