Montreal to Boston

Marken

We are doing a trip in the maritimes and are considering a cruise out of Boston. Flights are horribly expensive - anyone have suggestions for an inexpensive way to get from Montreal to Boston? Thanks

Marg

Rates with major carriers have always been very high on this route. Have you checked Porter Airlines? They show excellent rates between BOS and various Canadian cities. I flew with them last October - great rates and service.

Darcy

When I last traveled between Montreal and Boston it was on Vermont Transit Lines. Today this company has been fully absorbed into Greyhound Lines, and it does provide for a reasonably-priced journey between the two cities. There are three daytime trips and one overnight trip daily. A 21-day advance purchase ticket midweek is $53 one-way; the most expensive ticket, a refundable last-minute holiday weekend ticket is $86.50. There may also be discounts when traveling with a companion. The schedule departing Montreal is 8:15 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 3:45 p.m., and 11:05 p.m., arriving in Boston at 4:40 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 10:55 p.m., and 6:40 a.m., respectively. When I did the trip time was at a premium, so I did the overnight trip, stretching out on the seats. If time were not an issue I would take a day trip and enjoy the scenery.

We are doing a trip in the maritimes and are considering a cruise out of Boston. Flights are horribly expensive - anyone have suggestions for an inexpensive way to get from Montreal to Boston? Thanks

Marg

I think it's a 5 or 6 hour drive, if by car...

Thanks so much for all the suggestions - I had checked Greyhound and was amazed at how cheap it was. I think that will be our option as time is not a concern.

Thanks everyone

Thanks so much for all the suggestions - I had checked Greyhound and was amazed at how cheap it was. I think that will be our option as time is not a concern.

Thanks everyone

You can go by bus, probably your cheapest, it goes direct. Amtrak is also another possibility, as suggested, but it involves a change at Rennaisler (sp)

.You can go by bus, probably your cheapest, it goes direct. Amtrak is also another possibility, as suggested, but it involves a change at Rennaisler (sp)

Not only does Amtrak require a connection at Albany-Rensselaer, but the time between trains is nearly 22 hours, so a hotel would likely be required, and the overall journey would take 36 hours (the overall schedule is depart Montreal daily at 9:30 a.m., arrives Boston the next day at 9:10 p.m.). A shorter trip could be made by train only by making a connection in New York City, but it still take nearly 24 hours.

Archived