Roll Call..again August 3 London on Cloud

ClaudiaF

Seems like there are only 2 of us Cruise Criticers going..I can't believe there aren't more of us..come on guys.

People are sometimes "SHY" in watching, but not jumping in, to comment. Be patient. You'll get some feed-back soon. We are getting ready for our first trip on Silversea, doing the Silver Cloud from Copenhagen. We will sail along the Norway Coast, seeing the fjords, Arctic Circle, Land of the Midnight Sun, July 1-16, 2010. We will be aiming to shape up the ship and report more in later July on the Silver Cloud, etc. Hopefully, I will be able to do some "LIVE" reports as we cruise our scenic areas. As I understand, you are departing from Tower Bridge, visiting Leith (Edinburgh), Scotland; Invergordon, Scotland; Kirkwall, Orkney Islands, Scotland; Oban, Scotland; Dublin, Ireland; Waterford, Ireland; Fowey, England. Good luck!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

• 2 weeks later...
Seems like there are only 2 of us Cruise Criticers going..I can't believe there aren't more of us..come on guys.

We look forward to seeing you on the Cloud 3 AugustLets hope the weather is like it has been on the North Sea coast for the past month - wallto wall sunshine no rain and temp in mid 70.

We look forward to seeing you on the Cloud 3 AugustLets hope the weather is like it has been on the North Sea coast for the past month - wallto wall sunshine no rain and temp in mid 70.

Definetly hope that the sun shines on us for the entire cruise.

People are sometimes "SHY" in watching, but not jumping in, to comment. Be patient. You'll get some feed-back soon. We are getting ready for our first trip on Silversea, doing the Silver Cloud from Copenhagen. We will sail along the Norway Coast, seeing the fjords, Arctic Circle, Land of the Midnight Sun, July 1-16, 2010. We will be aiming to shape up the ship and report more in later July on the Silver Cloud, etc. Hopefully, I will be able to do some "LIVE" reports as we cruise our scenic areas. As I understand, you are departing from Tower Bridge, visiting Leith (Edinburgh), Scotland; Invergordon, Scotland; Kirkwall, Orkney Islands, Scotland; Oban, Scotland; Dublin, Ireland; Waterford, Ireland; Fowey, England. Good luck!

Lucky you 2 cruises on SS..

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy your cruise starting August 3. The Silver Cloud is in great shape with a wonderful Captain and great Chef. You can read more details and see lots of pictures from my postings noted below.

For more details on our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords Silver Cloud experiences:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked this today! A last minute decision! Have not been to any of the ports of call before even though we live in the UK.

We managed to get a cancellation so the ship is full. Where is everyone?

Sweep

Tried to book this one but was told the ship was full! You have all the luck! Enjoy:)

That is a shame! We were on a wait list and got lucky :). We haven't been on Silversea before but we are celebrating a special anniversary.

Do you have any other cruises booked?

Sweep

That is a shame! We were on a wait list and got lucky :). We haven't been on Silversea before but we are celebrating a special anniversary.

Do you have any other cruises booked?

Sweep

You got lucky because we had to cancel the cruise last minute as my husband took very ill. Wishing all of you a wonderful time.

We get on board the 13th as well. There was not much response to that roll call either. I would really love to meet some of you and put faces with your posts. I don't post much but I read often. I guess they call me a lurker. This is our first SilverSea regular cruise. We did the PAII last year so we are looking forward to this.

FloridaPhilly and Duct Tape: looks like we have 6 of us CC ers on Aug 13-23. Anyone else booked on August 23-September 1? FloridaPhilly, you're gonna L0VE IT!

We are in 521: if we don't chance meet, look us up! Excited to meet you all. Okay, back to packing warm gear (it's 100 degrees here in SO CAL where we live!!!!!)

Mike and Mary:D

• 2 weeks later...
You got lucky because we had to cancel the cruise last minute as my husband took very ill. Wishing all of you a wonderful time.

Oh dear, Claudia! I am so sorry. I looked for your name on the passenger list and now I know why I didn't find it. I do hope your husband is on the mend??? I hope you will soon be able to go on another cruise.

This was our first Silversea cruise and we really enjoyed it.

Sweep

Oh dear, Claudia! I am so sorry. I looked for your name on the passenger list and now I know why I didn't find it. I do hope your husband is on the mend??? I hope you will soon be able to go on another cruise.

This was our first Silversea cruise and we really enjoyed it.

Sweep

Hi there, yes sad to have missed the cruise.. so tell me was it wonderful?

Still plan to make this itinerary one day ..thanks ..

hubby on the mend getting better day by day..

Claudia,

I am sorry that you were unable to go on this sailing. Hope your husband is doing better!

The itinerary was a good one.

Yes it was wonderful in every way! Wonderful food, wonderful suite (they gave us a vista one,504), wonderful itinerary. Even though we live in the UK we had not been to any of the ports before. The Orkney Islands were especially fascinating. We were lucky with the weather too. the only rain we saw was on the second day of our cruise when we were at sea and busy exploring the ship. From the weather reports it rained either the day before we were at a port or the day after but not the day we were there. It was magical sailing out under Tower Bridge. My daughter, who lives in California, watched us sailing on the Tower Bridge web cam.

I am so pleased your husband is on the mend. I do hope your insurance covers it and that you'll be able to go on a similar itinerary next year.

Best wishes

Sweep

Question for those sailing out under the Tower Bridge - does it have to be raised to accomodate the Cloud, or not? We've never seen the bridge raised before, so that would be neat to sail under it that way...

Question for those sailing out under the Tower Bridge - does it have to be raised to accomodate the Cloud, or not? We've never seen the bridge raised before, so that would be neat to sail under it that way...

Yes...It was as neat as sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge.

Archived