AquaClass & Select Dining - Moves to MDR?

John73

I just read this on another thread there that doing Select Dining automatically puts you in the MDR even if you're AQ. Do I need to change my dining choice to a fixed time so that I'm in BLU instead? My TA didn't mentioned anything about this.

I just read this on another thread there that doing Select Dining automatically puts you in the MDR even if you're AQ. Do I need to change my dining choice to a fixed time so that I'm in BLU instead? My TA didn't mentioned anything about this.
My understanding is, yes, you need to give a choice of time for dining and then you will be invited to dine in BLU if you are in AQ. We chose late dining and the first night we were told what time to dine in BLU but every other night we could just show up when we wanted. You will receive an invitation to BLU in your cabin when you arrive. If the invite is not on your bed when you arrive, then go see the Maitre d' to straighten it out right away. BLU is not to be missed!

Yes, you must have a time in your booking to eat in Blu.

If you put CSD then you are out of Blu and in the MDR. It does not matter what time you have in your booking as you just arrange with the Maitre d' the time that best suits you to dine each day as Blu has flexi dining, apart from on the first night when they ask you to come at a specific time.

Thanks all. I'll contact my TA and get it changed to the early dining time on the first day and then setup my time with them after that.

Another win for CruiseCritic message boards! :)

Archived