Porthole Cabin bathroom

ms simba

I am wondering about the size of the bathrooms in porthole cabins on the Inspiration or Sensation.

(1) In the picture below is the purple thing a sliding door to the bathroom?

(2) If yes, does this mean that you have very little room behind you when standing at the sink?

(3) Would I be able to get a bathroom chair into the shower? See picture below that shows shower area.

I am unable to stand up for very long. Usually I take a handicapped room that has a bench to sit on. But for my next cruise I would like to take a porthole room on the Empress deck. I am thinking about not taking a scooter and instead making do with my walker plus taking lots of Tylenol-3 for the ankle pain.

2410390340105385409S425x425Q85.jpg

Is the depth of the bathroom from the sink to the purple area?

2967644010105385409S425x425Q85.jpg

It looks from this picture that the bathroom is no wider than the towel (on the left) with a few feet extra. Is this true?

Your second picture is pretty acute as far as space between the toilet and shower. There is no sliding door.... you can see the door (swung open) in both pictures in the bottom left, wood grain color with silver metal frame around it. I am sure sure about a walker or chair in the shower... the area is very small and there is a step-up into the bathroom from the cabin hall.

The walker is a lightweight one. I would not be taking it into the bathroom normally. Hopefully the step-up is not too tall.

(2) Does anyone have a picture of the toilet in this bathroom?

(3) Is the toilet very close to the wall?

(4) Is there a grab bar on the wall next to the toilet? What about a towel rack?

I am only familiar with handicapped cabins. So I don't know anything about porthole cabins.

I have a few pictures of the bathroom, taken from the door.... that I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to upload here. I'd be happy to email them to you.

I really couldn't remember if there were hand rails or not... but from the picture, I don't there are... but there are 2 towel racks, with the lowest one probably able to double has a hand rail if necessary.

I have a few pictures of the bathroom, taken from the door.... that I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to upload here. I'd be happy to email them to you.

I really couldn't remember if there were hand rails or not... but from the picture, I don't there are... but there are 2 towel racks, with the lowest one probably able to double has a hand rail if necessary.

Here are some pictures I got somewhere else. Are they similar to the pictures you were trying to upload?

By the way, do you need help with uploading or is that just today you are having problems. iI wrote a tutorial on how to upload photos to cruise critic.

2632763470105385409S425x425Q85.jpg

2381310350105385409S425x425Q85.jpg

The bathroom is very small. I'd call CCL and ask customer service the size of the bathroom and if their are handicap rooms available with room for your shower chair. They may upgrade you for free. I've cruised in one of these porthole cabins and I do not think they'd be room for your chair in that bathroom or shower.

I believe I will look into a handicapped room since I am sure the shower will not easily accommodate a shower stool. If I book a handicapped room then I can have the scooter and not have to depend upon pain pills to get me by.

Thanks for all your help.

I believe I will look into a handicapped room since I am sure the shower will not easily accommodate a shower stool. If I book a handicapped room then I can have the scooter and not have to depend upon pain pills to get me by.

Thanks for all your help.

The shower will not accommodate a shower chair. They're very small and just standing comfortably is sometimes a chore.

Get a handicapped cabin and have a wonderful voyage.

I would recommend a handicapped bathroom. The ocean view is really the worst of both worlds....you have to pay a little more, but don't get any fresh air. And in many cabins, you have to stand on the bed to see out the porthole....it sounds like this would be difficult for you.

I would recommend a handicapped bathroom. The ocean view is really the worst of both worlds....you have to pay a little more, but don't get any fresh air. And in many cabins, you have to stand on the bed to see out the porthole....it sounds like this would be difficult for you.

I agree with you. A lot of the pictures I have seen of the portholes showed bleary glass and the portholes were up high.

However, on our last cruise, we were upgraded to an ocean view room and it turned out to be a great thing. Yes, the Plexiglas was streaked and stained as I have seen in most pictures. Unfortunately, my sister was ill and rarely left the cabin. Then my scooter fell apart and later stopped running altogether (bad fuse). So I didn't get to go ashore as I had planned. I spent many happy moments looking out of the window in Cabin E61. Since I had the window I did not feel bad about not doing things in Nassau. I had a great time anyway.

Archived