June 19-26 Live on Oasis

You might want to try clicking on my link below of my Oasis photos. I loaded the last four minutes of Oasis of Dreams on my video area. He may be on there.:)

thanku so much! but the cast change over was June 5th so he was still rehearsing then - his first show was June 5th, Thanks you though!!! glad u enjoyed the cruise:)

Hi Susan, my husband and I were on the same cruise. We also agree, for having over 6,100 people on the ship it certainly didn't feel crowded at all. Not even on the sea days around the pool area. You could always find a lounge chair somewhere. Never had that happen before on a full ship.

It certainly was an amazing ship and a great trip. :D Thanks for finding out about the balloon man. I was wondering what happened to him.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions Susan! Sounds like my son will have no problem finding the Tiramisu cups! :) Glad to hear your daughter enjoyed the cruise. I know at this age it's kind of awkward because they're too old for teen groups and if they don't already have a friend onboard it may be hard to meet up with others their age. My son isn't into basketball but I'm sure he'll find lots to do.

I've heard mixed things about the CD. One person here said Richard is now on the ship for a long time but the other said they were told by RCI that Ken was going to be on board in Sept. Oh well, like I said it won't make or break my cruise. I was just hoping to have a different CD for once.

Thanks again!

Susan ~

You must be home by now? :-(

Sounds like you had a FUN cruise and we'll ook forward to your full Review.

One more question.... Where were you reporting from? Your laptop or Internet cafe?

Thanks again.

Irene

Yes, we are home. It's "decompression day". We really had fun. I will probably post final thoughts here, but not do a full review. I have included so many of our impressions here already. I tried to keep a journal at first, but we moved around so much it became too much of a burden.

I was posting from my laptop, most of the time in my cabin. One time we were in the Windjammer with the computer. Service was slow at times, but decent.

One time I was trying to get a specific email so we could arrange to meet "Mowgli" and I stopped by the Library because it was closer. The reception there was MUCH slower, and I couldn't figure out how to use my internet package so I paid higher rates that time.

Hi Susan, my husband and I were on the same cruise. We also agree, for having over 6,100 people on the ship it certainly didn't feel crowded at all. Not even on the sea days around the pool area. You could always find a lounge chair somewhere. Never had that happen before on a full ship.

It certainly was an amazing ship and a great trip. :D Thanks for finding out about the balloon man. I was wondering what happened to him.

I sure wish we could have seen/met y'all. We didn't make it to the Meet & Mingle because it was during open Flow Rider time for stand-up on the first sea day, and they limited the flow rider time that day, so we didn't want to miss out on our rides. :(

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions Susan! Sounds like my son will have no problem finding the Tiramisu cups! :) Glad to hear your daughter enjoyed the cruise. I know at this age it's kind of awkward because they're too old for teen groups and if they don't already have a friend onboard it may be hard to meet up with others their age. My son isn't into basketball but I'm sure he'll find lots to do.

I've heard mixed things about the CD. One person here said Richard is now on the ship for a long time but the other said they were told by RCI that Ken was going to be on board in Sept. Oh well, like I said it won't make or break my cruise. I was just hoping to have a different CD for once.

Thanks again!

One other thing for your son - they will leave him a special addendum to the Cruise Compass on the 1st or 2nd day that is designed for 18-20 year-olds. It lists activities they can do and might be interested in (but no special activities for just that age group).

My girls loved the Comedy Show and Qwest.

thansk so much Susan for your cruise review.To think you had over 4000 views!!!! so alot of people would have enjoyed your trip as well as you!!!

Im so glad you finally got to meet "Mowgli" It was a long shot but so glad it all worked out - cant wait to see more pics!!!! Yes i think the worst part is going home:( I think i did see a thread somewhere on this .......

maybe we shpuld all start planning our next cruise to get over this cruise haha.... thanks again. great reading and glad you enjoyed your cruise:)

thansk so much Susan for your cruise review.To think you had over 4000 views!!!! so alot of people would have enjoyed your trip as well as you!!!

Im so glad you finally got to meet "Mowgli" It was a long shot but so glad it all worked out - cant wait to see more pics!!!! Yes i think the worst part is going home:( I think i did see a thread somewhere on this .......

maybe we shpuld all start planning our next cruise to get over this cruise haha.... thanks again. great reading and glad you enjoyed your cruise:)

I didn't even look at the number of views. Wow, that's a lot! I didn't expect that at all, but I was so thankful for others' impressions in the weeks leading up to our cruise. I wanted to give back, but I was also very excited to be onboard that ship!

Susan,

Good trip report so far. Like the pictures. Wish we were back on it, still detoxing from the tirp. Miss those little towel animals. What can I say I'm just a little kid at heart.

Oh, I'm still detoxing too! I sooooo don't want to go to work this morning!

Oh, I'm still detoxing too! I sooooo don't want to go to work this morning!

Following your trip report. Good job on the report. It's nice seeing what others on your cruise have to say about it. In agreement on everything so far. Boy my husband and I were just talking about what we were doing this time last week. What nice memories we all will have.

I was on the June 19th sailing as well and BOY are we going through major cruise/vacation withdrawals! We keep talking about what port we were in each day and I keep looking at my tan lines trying to remember what I was doing when I got them! LOL Oh the memories....

I was on the June 19th sailing as well and BOY are we going through major cruise/vacation withdrawals! We keep talking about what port we were in each day and I keep looking at my tan lines trying to remember what I was doing when I got them! LOL Oh the memories....
That is so funny! We feel the same. We have already committed to booking either Allure or Oasis in 2011, but are tossing around dates. We definitely want Eastern Carribean again. What a great cruise!

We are sailing on the September 25th cruise and Royal Caribbean emailed me and said Ken Rush would be the CD on our cruise. So, not sure how real the 4-8 month thing is or if maybe this would be Richard's vacation week.

Richard was the CD when we were on March 13, so it may be time for his break when you go.

Oh...and one last thing...can you confirm which cafe on board has the tiramisu cups? :)

I was on FOS last year, and found the tiramisu cups in Sorrento's Pizzeria, on the Promenade deck. Your son should check there.. maybe it's the same on Oasis. Those tiramisu cups were really good, hope you guys find them!!:D Enjoy your trip!

Also, thanks for the live report, swwake! Glad you and your family enjoyed Oasis..

Archived