Wait Staff

In 2007 we cruised on AOL and had THE best Waiter in the MDR, his name was Basil his assistant was Veronica.

Any chance they'll still be on AOL for when we cruise next Feb?

I assume you mean AOS, Adventure of the Seas?

One or both of them could still be on the ship. Some staff members do one rotation and move to another ship. Others stay with the same ship for years. They could also be on their scheduled time off so you wouldn't see them anyway. Look for them, but don't be disappointed if you can't find them.

In 2007 we cruised on AOL and had THE best Waiter in the MDR, his name was Basil his assistant was Veronica.

Any chance they'll still be on AOL for when we cruise next Feb?

Well I don't know how common that name is, but we also had "THE best" waiter on FOS a few weeks ago and his name was Basil. That is him on the far left. Any chance he is the same Basil?

29198_452908923311_821298311_5918035_7819327_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You have got to be kidding me!! What a coincidence! Basil REALLY made our cruise special, especially with our kids.

We praised him very strongly on the evaluation form, but we may just write a letter like you did!

You have got to be kidding me!! What a coincidence! Basil REALLY made our cruise special, especially with our kids.

We praised him very strongly on the evaluation form, but we may just write a letter like you did!

"BamaEagle" :confused: The "eagle" part of your name confuses me slightly. Please tell me it isn't what I am thinking? :eek::D

"BamaEagle" :confused: The "eagle" part of your name confuses me slightly. Please tell me it isn't what I am thinking? :eek::D

Surely you wouldn't think the Eagle had anything to do with that cow college?!?!?

I work for UA and am a huge Tide fan. My undergrad school was Georgia Southern (the Eagles), and I am also VERY strongly devoted to them.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Surely you wouldn't think the Eagle had anything to do with that cow college?!?!?

I work for UA and am a huge Tide fan. My undergrad school was Georgia Southern (the Eagles), and I am also VERY strongly devoted to them.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

And Soar Eagles! GSU alum here :D

And Soar Eagles! GSU alum here :D

Well this is turning into a "small world" thread for more than one reason. Nice to meet you Alison. When were you at GSU? I graduated in 1989 and 1991.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Whew!....Had me worried. ;) RTR!

I was at an airport once and a guy came up to me and asked, "Guess whur I live?" I replied, "I don't know, but judging from that obscene orange and blue shirt my guess is Auburn." He said, "Nope! Tuscaloosa, and there is all my family over thuir, we'ur huge Aubarn fans!" and i said, "wow". :rolleyes:....Of course this was back in the day when they were relevant.

Anyway, Happy Cruising!

• 1 month later...

I live in the metro Atlanta area and see you live in NY. Just saw where UGA captured the honor of #1 on "most partying" in the list of colleges across the county. GA Southern held the honor for many years. While we may talk funny down here, we apparently know how to party hardy....We are going to be on FOS next summer. Hopefully we will get Basil too. He sounds wonderful (love the look of the cheescake in the photo too :D).

I live in the metro Atlanta area and see you live in NY. Just saw where UGA captured the honor of #1 on "most partying" in the list of colleges across the county. GA Southern held the honor for many years. While we may talk funny down here, we apparently know how to party hardy....We are going to be on FOS next summer. Hopefully we will get Basil too. He sounds wonderful (love the look of the cheescake in the photo too :D).

It doesn't surprise me one bit that they are #1....lived and owrked there for 4 years...

Archived