Ports and Other Ships

smitty89

Hello everyone! I see other people referencing how many ships will be in their port on the same day. Can you tell me how they know this? I mean, is there an easier way other than going to every cruise site and looking to see when they are sailing?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hello everyone! I see other people referencing how many ships will be in their port on the same day. Can you tell me how they know this? I mean, is there an easier way other than going to every cruise site and looking to see when they are sailing?

Thanks in advance! :)

one place i go to is cruisett dot com and click on the ports link at the top.

If you have ever been in St Thomas with 9 other cruise ships and I don't know how many thousands of cruise ship passengers making the sidewalks in the downtown area so crowded you literally could not walk until someone in front of you moved you would understand why people want to know how many other ships are in port.

It is even more important the smaller the port, like some of those in Alaska, where even two ships can make it crowded since there are now more cruise ship passengers than there are residents.

Does that answer why people want to know.

Have a great next cruise.

I'm not sure why anyone would care! These ports handle the cruiseship crowds pretty well....

It makes all the difference in the world to me. If there's only the one cruise ship in port, i'll go to the popular beaches and tourist places... but if there's 4 ships in port, i'll avoid those places like the plague.

Knowing how many ships are in port besides ours directly dictates where we choose to go.

It makes all the difference in the world to me. If there's only the one cruise ship in port, i'll go to the popular beaches and tourist places... but if there's 4 ships in port, i'll avoid those places like the plague.

Knowing how many ships are in port besides ours directly dictates where we choose to go.

Amen.....

one place i go to is cruisett dot com and click on the ports link at the top.

Miss Rabbit - thanks so much for that website! It was exactly what I needed. This will help me plan my excursions also :)

Just my 2 cents I've used the site given above and it hasn't been dead on correct I always add atleast 2 ships to whatever any site says including the specific port schedules. Never can tell if weather or mechanical problems might force a ship to change ports

Archived