Suggestions/Tips for Cayman, Jamaica, and Cozumel

reyesj226

Are there any suggestions/ideas for the following ports that I should try or be aware of?

Will be sailing on Conquest to Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and Cozumel.

For example, In Jamaica, I was told to buy the “Blue Mountain coffee”. In Cayman, I was told that I must try the Conch Fritters.

Wanting to try new things! :D

In Jamaica go to Dunn River Falls. It's the best excursion we've ever done. In Grand Cayman swim with the stingrays or just catch a bus and go to 7 mile beach. It's beautiful. In Cozumel, we just go into town and walk around. Make sure to hit Poncho's Backyard. Great restaurant and souvenir store. Or go to Paradise Beach

We have been to Cozumel twice now & by far the best time we have ever had was at Nachi Cocom. We booked through Island Marketing. $49.99 pp all inclusive! Beautiful beach, fantastic food & friendly fun staff.

Be willing to bargain for a taxi anywhere. Be willing if the cab driver gives you a price you don't want to pay to walk away they will come down on price. Also, be willing to feel like the cab drivers are taking your life into their hands! lol

Go to the Ports board, lots & lots of fantastic information!

Have fun!

Re Cozumel...been there twice and have gone to Paradise Beach both times. Cabs are about $12 and about 20 minutes. You can spend as much or as little as you want

No admission charge, but you should get drinks/snacks...and you can get chairs for $2 and for $12 you have access to all the fun beach equipment (climbing pyramid etc)...I think it's better than $49 pp

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/...

Re Cayman...agree Sting Ray City is soooo fabulous...you can book independently on the pier...

Barbara

Obviously it depends on what you like to do, not what other people like to do. In Jamaica, I'd be inclined to take either a ship-sponsored excursion or one from a very reputable tour operator. The country is a little unstable, although not especially in the Montego Bay area. Still, I would exercise caution.

In Grand Cayman, the beaches are so amazing and so close to the dock that it is hard to believe you could have a better day doing anything else.

In Cozumel there are so many choices. The trip to the Mayan ruins in Tulum was the element of our cruise that I looked forward to the most.

Be willing to bargain for a taxi anywhere. Be willing if the cab driver gives you a price you don't want to pay to walk away they will come down on price.

This is not true in Cozumel, the taxi prices are regulated and posted on the signs at the pier.

(the part about taking your like in their hands IS true, however :p)

Dunns River in Jamaica...Loved it

Rented a Jeep in Cozumel and drove around the whole island! Absolutley amazing on the other side!!! Do it! :)

We did the Jeep tour through the ship in March...it's simply breathtaking on the other side of the island!

True about the Blue Mountain coffee!!! It is pricey, but the only thing I buy for souvenirs on a cruise (for myself and friends).

In Jamaica I LOVE to zipline. If that is not for you Dunn River Falls is nice.

Grand Cayman, I like Stingray City. I book thru Nativeway and do the Stingray City, snorkel and Rum Point Beach excursion. It is my favorite excursion of all excursions. It is about $63, and includes lunch on beautiful Rum Point Beach. You just cannot go wrong with this trip. I did have conch fritters, but was not really impressed. Just like a hush puppy with a little tiny piece of conch in the middle. JMHO

In Cozumel, I would say Nachi Cocom as well. It is all inclusive, about $50 and the food is great, the beach is beautiful and all the drinks you want. If you want to snorkel, parasail, ride a boat, etc., there are private tours at the end of the pier (these are not free). You have to pre-register, because they only take the first 100 people.

Have fun!!!!

I can only comment on Coz. If you like thrills and beautiful beaches take the twister boat ride. It's so much fun and gets that adreneline pumping.

We've also done the mini jeep excursion, fabulous, you get to see places that you normally wouldn't. The beaches are breath taking and it's just a fantastic trip. IMO

True about the Blue Mountain coffee!!! It is pricey, but the only thing I buy for souvenirs on a cruise (for myself and friends).

Any idea on price for a normal sized coffee bag? I was planning on buying several to bring back as souvenirs.

Any idea on price for a normal sized coffee bag? I was planning on buying several to bring back as souvenirs.

I bought 1 lb. at a shop at the Tajmahal for $15.00. The more you buy the cheaper it gets. I read usually between $13.00-18.00.

This is not true in Cozumel, the taxi prices are regulated and posted on the signs at the pier.

(the part about taking your like in their hands IS true, however :p)

Saw your Niagara Falls thing and I couldn't resist sharing that we will be there this Sunday!! I'm so excited!! Planned a few times to go there, but it never happened. Now, finally ...... Yay! We are staying at Sheraton on the Falls and have a Falls view room. Of course, we intend to do the Maid of the Mist. Something to pass the time before my Oct. cruise to Hawaii.

Saw your Niagara Falls thing and I couldn't resist sharing that we will be there this Sunday!! I'm so excited!! Planned a few times to go there, but it never happened. Now, finally ...... Yay! We are staying at Sheraton on the Falls and have a Falls view room. Of course, we intend to do the Maid of the Mist. Something to pass the time before my Oct. cruise to Hawaii.

Cool! We found an amazing little Bed & Breakfast (GrayStone Manor) we are very excited!

Hope yall have fun!

On our Freedom cruise, we went to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. In GC, we booked a stingray city/snorkel tour through Moby Dick tours. They were fantastic and I'd definitely recommend them! Afterwards, they dropped us at Rackhams for lunch. It was delicious (highly recommend the lobster cake app and the fish and chips!) and had a beautiful view of the ships in port!

In Ocho Rios we did the Dolphin Cove/Dunn's River Falls excursion through Carnival and had a fantastic time! Swimming with the dolphins was so cool, and the beach at Dolphin Cove was small but pretty. It had a great view of the ship, too! They took us to Dunn's River Falls afterwards which is beautiful. We opted not to climb the falls, but walk alongside it and then spend some relaxing time at the beach at the bottom. It was a fantastic day!

We just arrived back Saturday from Key West, Grand Cayman and Jamicia.

In Key West we did the Speed boat safari. Grand Cayman the 4x4 Jeep tour and in Jamicia the White River Tubing. We booked all through Carnival. Had a great time with each one. Loved the White River Tubing. The tour guys made the trip fun. Great group of guys. The river was so beautiful. We wereon Freedom.:)

We have been to Cozumel twice now & by far the best time we have ever had was at Nachi Cocom. We booked through Island Marketing. $49.99 pp all inclusive! Beautiful beach, fantastic food & friendly fun staff.

Be willing to bargain for a taxi anywhere. Be willing if the cab driver gives you a price you don't want to pay to walk away they will come down on price. Also, be willing to feel like the cab drivers are taking your life into their hands! lol

Go to the Ports board, lots & lots of fantastic information!

Have fun!

I agree with this 100% Nachi is the best!!!!!!!

Archived