Carnival Spirit, Cat 4K

It's not an interior; they just list it as an interior (category 4) because it's obstructed by lifeboats. They can't get as much money for a room when the view is obstructed, so they categorize it lower. These 4Ks on the Spirit class are very popular, because you not only get sunlight, but also fresh air. And if you pick the right room between lifeboats, you can get a partial view of the ocean. We've got a 4K booked for next year.

Word of warning: don't book the 4Ks furthest back: 4202 & 4207, and I think also 4203 and 4205. These only have a picture window and not the French doors.

The doors open, but you can't do anything more than just hang over the protective rail in front of it. The lifeboat is probably 6 feet out in front of you. There is a crew catwalk that runs along the side of the ship.

We have a 4k in October on the Miracle.. I've seen pics of our cabin and I'm PSYCHED for our view!

Why would you not get a 4K towards the back?

The reason is because the furthest back 4 rooms of the 4Ks don't have the French doors that open. They only have a picture window. It may be only the back 2 rooms, but I think I remember seeing all 4 listed as having just a window: 4202, 4207, 4203, & 4205.

The reason is because the furthest back 4 rooms of the 4Ks don't have the French doors that open. They only have a picture window. It may be only the back 2 rooms, but I think I remember seeing all 4 listed as having just a window: 4202, 4207, 4203, & 4205.

I believe those rooms are also listed as handicapped.

Archived