Most addictive cruise food

FB

Hi there Joyride - I hear we know your Mom and Doug - cruised with them in March - We've did the Liberty last November as well - we did the Western as well - could we have been on the Liberty the same time? We had our son with us for a treat for him and he enjoyed it because his favorite comedian Don Barnhart was on board and we also had Spectrum on the ship that week too.

Bob also hangs out at the icecream machine and he says there's no calories, cause its frozen yogurt. Oh well, not sure if he's right or not but rather have him eating that than cookes and cake - lol

We are going on the Jewel in February - to Panama - for 11 day cruise - hope we can talk your mom into joining us on one of our future cruises:)

Oooh...we forgot about our favorite drink! They made us virgin guava lava flows on the FoS last week...absolutely incredible. It's their pina colada with guava puree in it. My husband bought cream of coconut, pineapple juice and guava juice last night to try and replicate it. :)

My last cruise aboard the Independence of the Seas, each night ended the same way. Warm chocolate chip cookies and milk delivered at bed time via room service. We had this EVERY night, along with other cookie varieties they offered. As many times as I've picked up the phone and called room service at bedtime here at home, no one has ever appeared with my cookies and milk. :confused:

What was the one food item you became absolutely addicted to on a cruise and have searched near and far at home to get or buy as often as possible.

Mine was Grana Padano cheese wrapped in Prosciutto. Luckily it is readily available at most grocery stores although finding "good" Prosciutto took a little bit of time. I have bought this snack almost every week since my March cruise on Costa Atlantica.

FB

Johnny Rockets burgers...best JRs I've ever eaten at.

Well...

Carnivals Warm Chocolate melting cake!

i have learned how to make it, and have actually perfected it.

I made it tonight in fact!

Would you please share the recipe? We've never sailed on Carnival so it will be something new for us! Thanks ...

My last cruise aboard the Independence of the Seas, each night ended the same way. Warm chocolate chip cookies and milk delivered at bed time via room service. We had this EVERY night, along with other cookie varieties they offered. As many times as I've picked up the phone and called room service at bedtime here at home, no one has ever appeared with my cookies and milk. :confused:

honeywell... I am most definitely going to do this on our cruise in November! From one cookie lover to another I thank you for this fabulous idea! :)

Well...

Carnivals Warm Chocolate melting cake!

i have learned how to make it, and have actually perfected it.

I made it tonight in fact!

Would you please share the recipe? We've never sailed on Carnival so it will be something new for us! Thanks

Hi there!

just go back a page, i posted the recipe already.

it is just delicious! And for a few laughs, type in Carnival's chocolate melting cake on U tube and see what all the fuss is about!:D

i am leaving Saturday morning for Los Angeles and the Mariner of the Seas awaits...Can't wait to try these cookies everyone is raving about!

This thread is cruel and unusual punishment. I am on a diet (the ever trustworthy low calorie and exercise plan!) and then for some reason thought it would be a good idea to read about food. I wasn't feeling too hungry before, but now I am STARVING.

Anyway I am dieting/exercising to get in shape for my cruise in September..and when I arrive on the ship, I plan to eat until I am roughly back to my starting weight =) No calorie counting on vacation!!

As for favorite food on a cruise..I can't pick! I hear a lot of complaints about the MDR but I have loved everything I have ever been served there and can't wait to go back in September!

Archived