Orient Beach

Bgem75

Forgive me if this has already been asked.

How optional is the clothing on Orient Beach?

The last time we were on the island we did not go but the tour guy made a really big deal about it..however this was going back 10 years i think.

We would like to go. Everyone talks about it being one of the best beaches..

Any thoughts and info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.;)

First off, Orient Beach is the most beautiful beach on the island, and one of the top beaches in the Caribbean.

The only official "clothing optional" section of the beach (nudity a possibility/probability) is the section in front of Club Orient, a naturist resort. It is located at the far southern end of the beach.

Orient Beach is about 1.3 miles long. The Club Orient section accounts for about the .3 miles of the entire length.

Along the rest of the beach, and certainly on any other beach on the French side of the island, female toplessness will be observed. Totaly nudity anywhere outside the Club Orient section is a rarity, but not impossible.

That said, "clothing optional" means just that. Clothes/swim suits are optional. Full nudity is not required just because you cross the line. Many, if not most, of the people on the beach will be nude, and the percentage will probably increase the farther you walk onto the Club Orient property, but it is not required.

Go for it.

gary

Was there 2 weeks ago, and set up base at Orange Fever. It is fairly close to Club Orient. We arrived early(9am) and had the beach to ourselves. There were a couple of old guys that let it all hang out, but that was early in the morning before the crowds arrived. After 11am, we saw no nude men but several topless women. The women going to Club Orient would wait to go completely nude until they got past Pedros. It was different ,but it's not like everyone was topless(<5%). I wish I was there now:D

Go and enjoy,,our 1st time we were walking (toward the nude club area,unknown to us) and a guy walked by,,and then pulled his speedo off! we looked around and were on the nude club area,,no one said a word to us,,we kept walking. The one side some women were topless but not too many.It is a great beach and the little ex military bars are real fun! Just take a lot of sun screen if you do take the "plunge" !

Are you going the entire day?

I have to talk to the hubby..we will probably just take the tour off the ship that way lunch and a drink are include..plus transportation..We really have to sit down and decide what we are interested in..I think the beach thing is 3-4 hours..Ill have to check.

I have to talk to the hubby..we will probably just take the tour off the ship that way lunch and a drink are include..plus transportation..We really have to sit down and decide what we are interested in..I think the beach thing is 3-4 hours..Ill have to check.

Which tour are you referring to? The NCL tour? Or Bernards?

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

Sorry, that should read "of all the shore tours offered in all of the cruises that we've taken" this choice should be avoided.

I can't think of anywhere else that offers a simpler, cheap, visit to a beach as beautiful as Orient, by just grabbing a taxi at the pier.

Two people to Orient, $18 (a lot cheaper if you'd share the ride).

th_DSCN3859.jpg

(click)

Two chairs, umbrella, free drink and bathroom access, th_DSCN6284.jpg"]$14 or so[/url].

Walk the beach and find the lunch of your choice, not limited to the Cruise Line's choices.

gary

Hubby was thinking ncl...but who knows..

I see. Well if you do a search and insist on doing a tour, you might want to check out Bernards. HIGHLY recommended by EVERYONE on here. I haven't heard one complaint about him and the service is fabulous (according to everyone). If he spent more time at Orient, I would DEFINITELY book with him.

I see. Well if you do a search and insist on doing a tour, you might want to check out Bernards. HIGHLY recommended by EVERYONE on here. I haven't heard one complaint about him and the service is fabulous (according to everyone). If he spent more time at Orient, I would DEFINITELY book with him.

IF we book through the ship we get a few hours there..but through bernards we would only have a short time and we were thinking of having that as out beach day.

Archived