LA help for my cruise

cccer

Hi All,

Thank you in advance for your advise. We are going to be on the Carnival Splendor in July and will be arriving the day before our cruise. We will be staying at the Long Beach Hilton and my wife wants to visit Rodeo Drive the day we arrive. Can someone tell me how far it is and if the shuttle can take us there? If not how much is a taxi to the drive?

Hi All,

Thank you in advance for your advise. We are going to be on the Carnival Splendor in July and will be arriving the day before our cruise. We will be staying at the Long Beach Hilton and my wife wants to visit Rodeo Drive the day we arrive. Can someone tell me how far it is and if the shuttle can take us there? If not how much is a taxi to the drive?

If you are talking about a hotel shuttle, I would seriously doubt it would take you to Rodeo Drive (I'm assuming you're talking about the shopping area in Beverly Hills...you will NOT want to go to the Rodeo Drive portion south of Olympic Blvd).

Thanks Cruisin,

We are looking at the shopping area. I have only been to LA a couple of times for business so I don't know where to go. Can you recommend where to go for shopping?

Rodeo Drive is a long ways from where you are staying. While you could go there by paid shuttle directly from the airport, I would not encourage that because you would then have to lug your luggage around to the elegant (and very expensive) shops, then take a cab to your hotel (very expensive) after shopping. If you go to the hotel first, you will have a pretty expensive round trip cab ride, unless you decide to rent a car instead.

If you don't really need to shop at extra trendy and very expensive shops such as those on Rodeo Drive, there are a number of mid-priced shopping malls closer to Long Beach, including one right on the harbor there, or even Del Amo (Torrance). Further away is Fashion Island (Newport) or South Coast Plaza (Irvine area).

Thanks for the advise Splinter, looks like we will stay in Long Beach. Personally I would rather be at the hotel with a cold beer, but we will do some shopping at some local places.

Shopping in downtown Long Beach is pretty dismal. There is a Nordstrom Rack and a WalMart and perhaps a few others at the "mall".

http://www.longbeachcityplace.com/

The area I think the previous poster commented about is The Pike.

http://www.thepikeatlongbeach.com/

If your wife is set on checking out Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive, you might want to check out picking up a car at LAX and dropping it off in down town Long Beach. Hertz, Avis, and Budget all have downtown offices.

Archived