Cruise in 4 days and Freaking OUT!

jburke1566

I'm cruising for the first time with my 18 year old daughter. I have to be the responsible adult and am freaking out a little about screwing something up. My current neurosis is about embarkation. Can someone tell me, aside from each of us having a passport, exactly what other documents do I need to carry into port for embarkation?

I'm cruising for the first time with my 18 year old daughter. I have to be the responsible adult and am freaking out a little about screwing something up. My current neurosis is about embarkation. Can someone tell me, aside from each of us having a passport, exactly what other documents do I need to carry into port for embarkation?

Print your Fun Pass and you're good to go! Try to relax. You will fine embarkation is no big thing at all. The one thing you should worry about is what you are going to chose to eat once you are on board the Lido deck!:D:p:D

Calm down, you are going to have a great time.

Items required for embarkation:

Passport (other things not mentioned becaue you said you have passports)

A way to pay sign and sail account - either cash or credit card

Suggested but NOT required

copy of Fun Pass

That is it.

Calm down, you are going to have a great time.

Items required for embarkation:

Passport (other things not mentioned becaue you said you have passports)

A way to pay sign and sail account - either cash or credit card

Suggested but NOT required

copy of Fun Pass

That is it.

Opps! I forgot about the cash or credit card...my bad!:p

Print your Fun Pass and you're good to go! Try to relax. You will fine embarkation is no big thing at all. The one thing you should worry about is what you are going to chose to eat once you are on board the Lido deck!:D:p:D

OMG!!!! OK...what should I eat???? hahahaha Just kidding....that is one area where I usually have no problem!!! lol

THANKS!!!!!

You're going to do GREAT,,,no worries!

Have the "Fun Pass" readily at hand, as they'll ask for that at the door after you drop off your "checked luggage". (Oh yes, have a couple of one dollar bills ready to tip the porter who accepts your checked luggage. They suggest $1 per bag, but you can slip him an extra or two if you wish.) Print the luggage tags, and have them on your checked luggage as well, or if you can't/don't want to print the tags, the porter can tag them for you.

Have your passports where you can find them easily.

Have the credit card that you'll use for your "sign-n-sail" charges.

Other than that, the only thing you need is a table at the buffet! :D

No worries!

"SKY"

After checking in, go on up to the Lido deck first, and have a relaxing buffet lunch. You'll have lots of time to wander the ship and take in all of the rooms, but you'll want to put your carryons in your cabin before you start your touring. So have a nice lunch, head down to your cabin after 1:30, drop off your bags, then check out your beautiful ship! Enjoy!

That's ALL?? OMG....I've got a folder FULL of paperwork!!!!! I just don't want to be fumbling through all that stuff and holding up the line!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!

I took a small hard folder (?) and organized our paperwork into (a) flight info and airline phone number(s), (b) contact info for the transportation company we hired to take us from Orlando to Port Canaveral, © hotel guarantee number and phone number from Priceline, and (d) Fun Pass info for ship.

The folder worked well on the way home to protect the few photos we bought on board.

You're going to do GREAT,,,no worries!

Have the "Fun Pass" readily at hand, as they'll ask for that at the door after you drop off your "checked luggage". (Oh yes, have a couple of one dollar bills ready to tip the porter who accepts your checked luggage. They suggest $1 per bag, but you can slip him an extra or two if you wish.) Print the luggage tags, and have them on your checked luggage as well, or if you can't/don't want to print the tags, the porter can tag them for you.

Have your passports where you can find them easily.

Have the credit card that you'll use for your "sign-n-sail" charges.

Other than that, the only thing you need is a table at the buffet! :D

No worries!

"SKY"

When we were on the Liberty in May...the porter did not have any luggage tags. That was really a surprise as we told others in our group not to worry they could get them at port.

Besides the passport, funpass and credit card, be sure to pack a few things in your carryon. You might want to bring a bathing suit in case you want to go out by the pool or a change of clothes in case your luggage gets to your cabin late and you want fresh clothes for dinner. Also put anything valuable in your carryon such as medicine, money, camera, jewelry, etc.

Have a great trip.

If you filled out your funpass on line, which I am assuming you have, then Carnival will already have everything they need from you except for you credit card (or other form of SS payment) and your passport. When you get to the counter the Carnival rep will ask you for your passport and form of payment. They will then pull your packet which has your sign and sail card and direct you on board. It is really that simple. The only thing you must not forget is your passport and credit cards. Oh yeah and don't forget to have a good time.

They say we don't need a passport only birthcertificate and drivers license,hope this is right we leave Saturday. First cruise.

That's right, for a closed-loop caribbean cruise, you can use a certified birth certificate and a drivers license. OP stated she has a passport, though, which IMHO is much more convenient.

Take a deep breath smile and relax..

Embarkation is a snip and you'll be on the ship in no time at all. Everyone is very upbeat and helpful, it's not at all like boarding a flight.

Have a wonderful cruise!:D

I do check in... have your passport, credit card and funpass out in hand when you walk up, wlong with a health form they will give you to fill out there. If you have everything out it is quicker to check you in and quicker you are on the ship.

If you are planning any excursions where you may need to drive a valid drivers license will be necessary. Also a list of emergency numbers...TA, Cruise Line, Airline, home etc. just in case and a list of any medical needs like allergies or medications ...again just in case.

OMG!!!! OK...what should I eat???? hahahaha Just kidding....that is one area where I usually have no problem!!! lol

THANKS!!!!!

Something that is NOT REQUIRED, but I've found very reassuring:

Take a large 8 X 10 sheet of paper (the cardboard backing from folded shirts is even better). Print your name, the Cruiseline, name of the Ship, and the Date of the cruise, and your cabin # in big letters. Place it on top of everything just before you close your suitcase. If your luggage gets misplaced, whomever finds it will know EXACTLY what to do with it and how much time they have to do it. (and if necessary, where to send the luggage to catch up with you on the cruise) :D

On the last day of the cruise - - scratch it out - - - turn it over and do the exact same thing with your name and phone number.

And MAKE SURE you don't pack your PASSPORT in your checked luggage ! :rolleyes:

You need a debit or credit card to check in at embarkation. Once on board you can go to the Information desk and put cash on your sail 'n sign card. You can pretty much do this at any time as unless your one of the first folks to board the line gets very long-very quick! Any other questions?

They say we don't need a passport only birthcertificate and drivers license,hope this is right we leave Saturday. First cruise.

I hope you know it has to be a certified birth certificate with the raised print that you can feel. And it cannot be laminated.

I hope you know it has to be a certified birth certificate with the raised print that you can feel. And it cannot be laminated.

Many states don't have "raised print" on their birth certificates anymore.

Archived