Go Green for pre voyage documents

north east girl

Just checked out my VP and found there is an option to receive pre voyage documents on line if you wish.

I really enjoy receiving these documents and tend to read them over and over again. I think I will stick with the printed version.

What do others think?

Catherine

Just checked out my VP and found there is an option to receive pre voyage documents on line if you wish.

I really enjoy receiving these documents and tend to read them over and over again. I think I will stick with the printed version.

What do others think?

Catherine

Same here.

What I would like to know is why does Cunard insist that you print out the E-Ticket. I don't think it's worth wasting the sheet of paper. Just let me show up at the pier with my Passport and credit card.

Denise

What I would like to know is why does Cunard insist that you print out the E-Ticket. I don't think it's worth wasting the sheet of paper. Just let me show up at the pier with my Passport and credit card.

Denise

This would certainly be the 'green' way of doing things - anything else is just a money-saving exercise.

Denise

I honestly think that you can.

I honestly think that you can.

Thank You:)

I know I can but suspect many people do not. Here is the email Cunard sends when your docs are ready.

Dear Ms XXX

Thank you for choosing to sail with Cunard aboard one of The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World.

Please find below the link to access your E-Ticket and Travel Summary. Please ensure that you print and bring a copy of your E-Ticket to check-in, together with your Passport and any Visa or Vaccinations certificates you may require for your itinerary.

It is possible that an e-ticket would be useful to show that you are entitled to priority check-in otherwise the person guarding the priority check-in lane would have to go through a passenger list.

How do those with that entitlement prove it at that point these days?

It is possible that an e-ticket would be useful to show that you are entitled to priority check-in otherwise the person guarding the priority check-in lane would have to go through a passenger list.

But think of the fun that could be had at that line if there was a list - we could hear the immortal line uttered, "Your name's not on the list, so you're not coming in"!

You could open a viewing gallery for that and sell tickets! :D

By showing your Cunard World Club Platinum or Diamond membership card.

I hate these so called e tickets.

Nothing better in the old days than to receive one's documents through the post in a lovely wallet, in particular if one was in the grills.

What are Cunard thinking of here for goodness sake.

Nothing better in the old days than to receive one's documents through the post in a lovely wallet, in particular if one was in the grills.

I'm with you on this one, luckily we got on wallet before the e tickets came in. It was part of the pleasure of booking with Cunard.

Catherine

It's all down to the bean counters MsDeva I'm afraid!

For our last QE2 voyage, the tickets came in a leather (NOT plastic) wallet, with the 'Cunard' logo and the word "Grills" embossed onto the front in gold. Tickets for all voyages since have been in a cheap plastic folder, but now even that has gone, together with baggage tags, cruise itinerary and excursion list. With Carnival shares dropping 5% yesterday due to worse-than-expected results, there could be more cost-cutting on the way!

Maybe we should all call Cunard and tell them that we do not have a computer or a printer!

Regards,

David

cruise itinerary and excursion list.

Cunard still give out the big Pre-Voyage Documentation and Shore Excursions brochure and the smaller Voyage Guide approximately 60 days before a voyage.

Cunard still give out the big Pre-Voyage Documentation and Shore Excursions brochure and the smaller Voyage Guide approximately 60 days before a voyage.

60 days before? I'm leaving in 8 days and all I got was e-tickets:eek:.

Did you book through a TA. If so, you might want to check with them. Although they were prepared by Cunard, we received our documents in a mailing from the TA.

60 days before? I'm leaving in 8 days and all I got was e-tickets:eek:.

Sorry, referenced wrong post.

Did you book through a TA? If so, you might want to check with them. Although they were prepared by Cunard, we received our documents in a mailing from the TA.

According to the new 'Voyage Personaliser' website that became functional today, Cunard state: - "As your voyage is rapidly approaching, on this occasion we have already printed your pre-voyage information booklets."

As there is now a link from the Personaliser to a 'pdf' of the Pre-Voyage Documentation, (which Cunard encourage passengers to use), the inference is that passengers will NOT receive a personalised 'hard' copy via mail in future.

I could be wrong, but it looks to me as if the bean-counters have been at it again!

Regards,

David

I just checked my VP for my forthcoming voyage and as well as having received my Pre-Voyage Documentation and Shore Excursions brochure in the post for my forthcoming voyage, it is also there as a pdf like you say.

I don't mind so much not having the wallet and tickets in the mail but I'm really disappointed they appear not to be sending these brochures out any more.

I'm with you on this one, luckily we got on wallet before the e tickets came in. It was part of the pleasure of booking with Cunard.

Catherine

I agree it is all part of going with Cunard, I think we should get the original tickets back

Archived