Tropical weather??

kruise66

There is a threat of some "tropical weather" in the Caribbean right now, and we are on Carnival Freedom on Sunday!

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/blo...er=accuweather

Does anyone know the policy if there is a tropical storm/hurricane around the day we leave? I've only been diverted during a cruise once., but we were already underway when they decided to detour around some bad weather.

There is a threat of some "tropical weather" in the Caribbean right now, and we are on Carnival Freedom on Sunday!

Does anyone know the policy if there is a tropical storm/hurricane around the day we leave? I've only been diverted during a cruise once., but we were already underway when they decided to detour around some bad weather.

We are on the same cruise. According to your attach map...we should be ok! Heading down on Friday! ONWARD!:D:o:D

We sail on the Conquest Sunday, I'm not worried.....as long as I'm on the ship they can take me anywhere they please.:)

The Captain will make every effort to divert the ship to safe water and ports if needed.

Hurricane Season = Tropical Storms. You take your chances when cruiseing in the Caribbean during Hurricane season. Half my cruises with Carnival have been diverted, 3 from storms and one from the so called swine flu. I don't care where the ship goes, I cruise to be on the ship. If ports are important I fly.

We sail on the Conquest Sunday, I'm not worried.....as long as I'm on the ship they can take me anywhere they please.:)

this is the theory I hold to also...

Just get me on the ship... after that the Captian can take me anywhere!

Here is a good tropical weather blog.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/LRandyB/show.html

This is from last's night entry:

"In any case, while I don't think this wave will see significant development, this is a wave we'll need to watch. None of the current models really pick up on 93L just yet and none of the models forecast any development in the tropics anywhere including this area."

There is a threat from 1 June through 30 Nov. Tropical weather can pop up over night. Looking before your cruise doesn't ensure anything. Just know they won't take you into a hurricane.

We are headed to Cozumel on our cruise in a few days- we'll be there Saturday, which is when the wave is predicted to be there (or thereabouts, as I realize it's only a prediction). At what point do they change or cancel ports- do they need to be a tropical storm or stronger or just have potential?

A friend of mine was on a cruise to Mexico, but the port ended up closing because of the swine flu. The ship ended up diverting to Jamaica and the Caymans, plus adding 2 days to the trip at no extra cost. Aside from possible complications with the return date (which she did not have), it turned out pretty well for them. I guess the only problem you would have, would be if they diverted to somewhere you had been, and you didn't really care to go there again.

Archived