NCL itinerary to Alaska

Skallywag

Can anyone please give me some advice about the best cruise to view Alaska. We are booked on Disney Wonder for their trip but now find the itinerary is not as good as some other lines and we are wondering if we should cancel and find an alternaative. We have just done an NCL cruise to Baltic on the Sun and were very impressed.

Brenda

If you enjoyed your Baltic cruise on the Norwegian Sun, I believe you would enjoy an Alaskan cruise aboard the Norwegian Pearl or Norwegian Star.

But take note, the Pearl sails into Glacier Bay National Park while the Star doesn't. Instead, the Star will sail to Sawyer Glacier.It's been years since large cruise ships have been able to sail up close to Sawyer Glacier, while they can at several glaciers in Glacier Bay National Park.

Choose the itinerary your like best.......

I have sailed Alaska many times on NCL, so that is not my point. But, based on itinerary, there are better cruiselines to consider.

What needs to be done, is HOMEWORK. It is necessary that you find out about the very distinct differences in ports, routes, glaciers. Add budget to the mix.

As for NCL and Alaska, the Pearl does go to Glacier Bay, which is a big plus. Their port times and route is a little lacking. The Star does Tracy Arm, "necessary" in my opinion, is to budget for and purchase their add on Tracy Arm tour. FAR superior to anything seen from the cruiseship. Their routing is definately superior- IF they continue with their Inside Vancouver Island routing. They do have the best Seattle dock, walkable right to Pike Market and other touring opportunities. :)

Archived