EPIC 1 night review

clydecruiser

The big but here is the basin is the wrong side of the curtain so when you come out the toilet you touch the curtain before you can wash hands - probable noro virus source in the future I think.

OK, maybe it is me, but I do not see this as a problem... if the toilet has a door on it (like all the Jewel class ships) why do you need to close the curtain too? I cannot imagine the need to do that.

~Intrepid

OK, maybe it is me, but I do not see this as a problem... if the toilet has a door on it (like all the Jewel class ships) why do you need to close the curtain too? I cannot imagine the need to do that.

~Intrepid

Mainly because the door is opaque but at the same time transparent and my OH has no wish to see my outline during certain private moments. And you can see the outline of the person from anywhere in the cabin either by line or site or in reflections.

The really simple solution was for the curtain to follow the join of the laminate floor to the carpet. The basin was then on the correct side of the curtain.

Mainly because the door is opaque but at the same time transparent and my OH has no wish to see my outline during certain private moments. And you can see the outline of the person from anywhere in the cabin either by line or site or in reflections.

The really simple solution was for the curtain to follow the join of the laminate floor to the carpet. The basin was then on the correct side of the curtain.

I think it's only the 'correct' side if it's on the side you think it should be on... One of the things I like about the new design is the ability to use the sink while someone is in the shower or using the toilet. If people need to have the curtain drawn and the sink is on the 'facilities' side, then it's just as unusable as if it were in a traditional bathroom. That's not to say that I disagree with your observation about having to touch the curtain to get to the sink, though. I think a solution would be to partially close the curtain. Based on where one's companions are in the cabin, the line of sight to the toilet or shower can be blocked without having to close the curtain all the way, leaving an opening that someone can use without having to touch it (even if it's just wide enough to accommodate a pair of hands before the body follows and pushes past). :)

~Intrepid

Your obviously travelling with someone that you are extremely close to and don't mind watching them in the shower or the toilet! Thankfully they have a curtain that you can pull across to give them some privacy. They should have had solid doors at least on all the 4 berth cabins for mixed groups that are travelling together!

Wow that is a gorgeous ship! Definitely on my 'to do' list.

I have to laugh at the Ice Bar though. I think it's a cool novelty sort of idea and I'm sure lots of people will want to try it out. Me? I'm from Canada. Not a chance I'm paying $20 to freeze my a$$ off. LOL:D

For all you fellow AFT balcony'ers - per Andy Stuart at NCL - the vibration and noise was directly related to the Propeller Shaft break. And since we have not heard anything else from some of the multi-night travelers about noise, vibration in AFT as well as Manhattan Room, Cagney's, etc. - it sounds like that was the problem.

Your obviously travelling with someone that you are extremely close to and don't mind watching them in the shower or the toilet! Thankfully they have a curtain that you can pull across to give them some privacy. They should have had solid doors at least on all the 4 berth cabins for mixed groups that are travelling together!

True, and I definitely dont mind seeing him in the shower!! :D HOWEVER, when my other half is in the bathroom or shower, I surely have better things to do than sit and stare at the frosted glass, like read, nap, sit on the balcony.... or as I usually do, obsess over the navigation channel. ( I hope they have that on the EPIC or I will surely freak out.) There are such bigger problems in the world than someone seeing my outline in the bathroom....

Hey, here is an idea, bring along a couple of those Command Hooks and hang a towel inside or outside of the bathroom door. At the end of the week, just take them off... apparently they come off clean. :)

~Intrepid <-- ready to put on a show (perhaps like the shadow dancers) behind the frosted glass.

True, and I definitely dont mind seeing him in the shower!! :D HOWEVER, when my other half is in the bathroom or shower, I surely have better things to do than sit and stare at the frosted glass, like read, nap, sit on the balcony.... or as I usually do, obsess over the navigation channel. ( I hope they have that on the EPIC or I will surely freak out.) There are such bigger problems in the world than someone seeing my outline in the bathroom....

quote]

Too funny! I thought I was the only one that gets mesmerized by that channel! Some of the ships I have been on had pretty limited info, but I loved it on the Jewel. I also like the Bow Cam. We had a blast lying in our beds in our Aft Balcony one night watching during very rough seas. We watched the waves crash over the bow, saying "Wait for it...wait for it..." and then laughed like crazy nuts when the beds dropped out from under us and then tossed us from side to side! And we are a couple of old retired broads :D

I hope the EPIC's Nav Channel and bow cam are at least as good as jewel's.

Were any passengers actually dancing in the Manhatten dining room? It's been described as a dinner club atmosphere so I wondered can you leave your table between courses and dance. It might make for a fairly long meal.

Thanks for your review.

Were any passengers actually dancing in the Manhatten dining room? It's been described as a dinner club atmosphere so I wondered can you leave your table between courses and dance. It might make for a fairly long meal.

Thanks for your review.

no not for the legends show/motown show,but we only had a short taster of the main shows,we went in the evening as well,but there is a dance floor so i dont see why not

David,

FanTAStic review and amazing photos! You were certainly busy during your short time onboard!

Hopefully, at least my written review of the July 2-4 sailing will be as comprehensive. I don't have a camera, sadly, so I'll have to rely on words.

Thank you, though, for the time you took to gather information and then share it with the rest of us!

Archived