Does Carnival change destinations due to storms?

bowlinmoe

We are leaving on the Destiny tomorrow out of Miami and are scheduled to visit Key West on Friday and Cozumel on Saturday. Well, it looks like the storm that's brewing the in the caribbean will be right on Cozumel on Saturday.

What does Carnival do in this situation?

Do they stay at Key West or do they go to another destination, like the Bahamas maybe?

I assume they refund any Cozumel paid for excursions, right?

We are leaving on the Destiny tomorrow out of Miami and are scheduled to visit Key West on Friday and Cozumel on Saturday. Well, it looks like the storm that's brewing the in the caribbean will be right on Cozumel on Saturday.

What does Carnival do in this situation?

Do they stay at Key West or do they go to another destination, like the Bahamas maybe?

I assume they refund any Cozumel paid for excursions, right?

Yes, Carnival may change the port of call in your case. Determining which port of call to divert to probably depends on a number of factors (availability; distance; cost for the cruise line?). They will refund the paid excursions at a cancelled port of call.

Sometimes they will go to another port or you may just have another sea day. They will refund any excursions purchased through them but if you bought direct you'll have to deal with the company you purchased from for a refund.

Sometimes they will go to another port or you may just have another sea day. They will refund any excursions purchased through them but if you bought direct you'll have to deal with the company you purchased from for a refund.

Glad that you addressed non Carnival excursions - refunds can only be made by the private company. As stated if a port is missed Carnival will refund port fees and taxes for missed port if another sea day is taken, if they can get a berth at another port then no refunds are made. Carnival will do whatever they can to keep you safe first and happy second. I'll take safe any day.

All cruise lines will change, it is in the contract. They will do it for the safety of the ship and passengers.

Years ago, my mom was on a Princess ship that changed the departure time from Acapulco to an earlier time to outrun an incoming hurrincane. Sometimes, ships will spend and extra day or two at sea (giving cruisers an extra day or two) if a hurricane is going to hit the home port. Sounds great, but last time it happened (I forget what ship) posters said it was miserable, with real rough seas and the lido deck was closed.

The answer is "YES". Back in 2005, we cruised abord the Carnival Victory. We were suppost to go to "Cozumel Mexico" as part of the Western Caribbean Cruise, but due to hurricane damage they redirected us to "Costa Maya". Carnival contacted our Travel Agent prior to this and she notified us of the change. We had the option to cancel if we wanted to. We told her to notify Carnival that it was perfectly fine. Any cruise if good. Attached are a couple of photos of some of the hurricane damage.

PC080145.jpg.ac02ac585970ec4eb7d596c8b819a2d6.jpg

PC080147.jpg.2c4c3c81013e695128a6b72d24914d38.jpg

Carnival will change anything they want to make it easier on them. You will get a refund if you miss a port of call, but they dont care.

Just like all the other cruise lines...... and the only refund you now get is taxes and port charges.

Carnival will change anything they want to make it easier on them. You will get a refund if you miss a port of call, but they dont care.

I am sorry if you think that carnival "doesn't care" by changing ports for your safety.. Maybe they should keep all the ports the same even if there is a hurricane coming our civil unreset. If you get hurt there I bet you'd blame carnival for bringing you to that port that was scheduled??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clevelander63 viewpost.gif

I am sorry if you think that carnival "doesn't care" by changing ports for your safety.. Maybe they should keep all the ports the same even if there is a hurricane coming our civil unreset. If you get hurt there I bet you'd blame carnival for bringing you to that port that was scheduled??

DITTO!!!

There are sure a bunch of stupid people if they belive what Clevelander63 wrote.

Right, because it's 100% absolutely in their financial well-being to put a shipload of passengers in harm's way. :rolleyes:

There are sure a bunch of stupid people if they belive what Clevelander63 wrote.

I don't think you needed to insult others to get back at Clevelander63 - I among probably 99% of CCs took this with a grain of salt as we would all rather be safe than sorry. C63 just wanted to roil the waters and get a thread like this going. Don't feed it anymore.

Strange response and just not correct in hardly any way.:confused:

In fact the only truth in the statement is that you will get a refund (actually OBC) if they miss a port.

Strange response and just not correct in hardly any way.:confused:

In fact the only truth in the statement is that you will get a refund (actually OBC) if they miss a port.

C63's just bitter that they didn't get a free cruise when their embarkation port was closed by fog and CCL didn't provide a private tender boat to hand deliver them to the ship in a matter that was most timely for them.

Seriously? Don't you have something constructive to do today? Do you really intend to spend the entire day bashing Carnival on as many threads as possible?

I'm sorry that your cruise was delayed because of fog, I'm sure that was a bummer. And yes, Carnival should have kept you better informed of the situation. But really, at some point you just have to let it go.

Lingering around here, when you have no intention of cruising on Carnival again, when you have nothing of value to add to the conversation, and when your only contributions are misinformation and negativity motivated by retribution for a perceived slight, is just childish.

Why don't you go post on the RCCL boards for a while? I'm sure they would welcome you with open arms.

Carnival cares enough not to send their ships and passengers into a potentially bad situation due to a storm. Logistically, I don't know how "easy" it is to change an itinerary on short notice.

Seriously? Don't you have something constructive to do today? Do you really intend to spend the entire day bashing Carnival on as many threads as possible?

I'm sorry that your cruise was delayed because of fog, I'm sure that was a bummer. And yes, Carnival should have kept you better informed of the situation. But really, at some point you just have to let it go.

Lingering around here, when you have no intention of cruising on Carnival again, when you have nothing of value to add to the conversation, and when your only contributions are misinformation and negativity motivated by retribution for a perceived slight, is just childish.

Why don't you go post on the RCCL boards for a while? I'm sure they would welcome you with open arms.

The only I thing I can say at this point,...it just wasnt Clevelander63's day here on CC!

Archived