Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay ?????

I just booked a room at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay hotel. Does anyone have an reviews on this hotel? I went to tripadvisor and saw some of those but I wanted to ask here also. I am flying from BWI to FLL the night before my cruise and I guess I will take a taxi to the hotel (first time to Miami :D:D:D). My boyfriend wants to have a private driver pick us up at the airport (have no clue why :confused:) so if anyone has done that before please let me know a good company to call. Thanks so much:o

I am also looking for a hotel in Miami for September so I took a peek at this one....FYI....the hotel website states they are going through a renovation June 1st thru November 30th. It will affect the lobby and one of the dining venues. Does not say which one though.

I stayed at this hotel about 10 years ago - won bid through Priceline. It was very nice and close to cruise dock. You don't need a private driver - taxis are lined up when you get out of airport.

I just booked a room at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay hotel. Does anyone have an reviews on this hotel? I went to tripadvisor and saw some of those but I wanted to ask here also. I am flying from BWI to FLL the night before my cruise and I guess I will take a taxi to the hotel (first time to Miami :D:D:D). My boyfriend wants to have a private driver pick us up at the airport (have no clue why :confused:) so if anyone has done that before please let me know a good company to call. Thanks so much:o

I don't know if you realize this but Biscayne Bay Marriott is quite a distance from the FLL airport. I think a cab will be around $70-$80......please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Your boyfriend can rent a limo but that will cost even more.

Taxi will run $80-85 :eek: Check out SAS (www.ridesas.com) for shuttle service - typical charge is $15 per person. This hotel is often suggested on these boards - close to port and some rooms have a view of the cruise ships. The bar/dining room at the Doubletree (next door) is good, and there is some shopping (drug store, deluxe grocery, etc...) in the underground area. Walk 2 blocks to Biscayne and 18th and dine at Bin 18 - great Bistro, wonderful food and service and an extensive beer and wine list.;) Good luck!:)

Last year, taxi to cruise port from Miami airport was $24 + tip. It's still the same. Google taxi fare from miami airport to port of miami. Fixed price-no meter. It's right on the taxi window (stencil). $80; no way!

...except that OP wanted a cab from FLL (not MIA) to the hotel in Miami.

:DI booked this hotel for my wedding cruise guest(aug 14), I did learn after I booked that there will be renovations, I hope this doesn't interfere. I got a great deal through their group booking dept. $89, I have heard great thinks about this hotel on this website so far. I was not of much help huh? lol

Thanks everyone,

I think I will keep my reservation at this hotel and go with a transportation company called Holland Limo (pretty good rate).. I also noticed the renovations part but I think I will be so excited about the cruise and eating some good food in Miami that I will not care too much (I hope...)

Archived