Guarantee Assignment, will there be later upgrade or upsell offer?

AECrowell

We booked an SS Superior Verandah Suite guarantee on the Eurodam's July 19-29 10-Night Baltic, and today I have a room assignment: 6068, a nicely placed SS. I was surprised the assignment came so early, a month out. My question is: Is there any chance we'll get a later upgrade or upsell offer? Will HAL continue "shuffling" the rooms? We booked through an online travel agency, so does this lessen the chance of upgrade/upsell offers?

We booked an SS Superior Verandah Suite guarantee on the Eurodam's July 19-29 10-Night Baltic, and today I have a room assignment: 6068, a nicely placed SS. I was surprised the assignment came so early, a month out. My question is: Is there any chance we'll get a later upgrade or upsell offer? Will HAL continue "shuffling" the rooms? We booked through an online travel agency, so does this lessen the chance of upgrade/upsell offers?
There's always a chance of another upgrade or upsell offer, even as late as embarkation day, but it is not likely. I believe the agency you booked with has little to do with whether that would happen.

We have done a number of guaranteed bookings and have received an upgrade most of the time, twice upon check-in. One time we had booked an SY guarantee and were assigned an SS on the website, and upon check-in, we were upgraded to an SA, so yes, it can happen.

Even though we have been fortunate using guarantee bookings, we never assume that we will get an upgrade.

Hope you have a great cruise! :)

I know the VC cabins are considered an upgrade from VD, but personally, I'd be really upset at that move. What did they book originally?

I agree, we were in VD4048 on the Eurodam and would book it again. The verandah is noticeably larger for these VD staterooms. We did not book a guarantee. On our first cruise in 2008 we booked a SZ guarantee and ended up with a SY. After this last cruise though we decided the VD rooms were large enough for the two of us.

diane

I called HAL a couple of weeks out from our sailing. We were in a SY and I told them I would like an upsell if available. One week out they called with an offer of $199 per person for a SA and I said yes. I loved it ! It was originally $3000.00 more than the SY when I initially booked the cruise so I thought it was a good deal.

Archived