Children using hot tubs??

reyesj226

Ok, I must ask and please don’t shoot me down for inquiring….

But why are some many people against children being in the hot tubs???

We are taking our cruise this Sunday and my 11 DD and 8 DS (1st time cruisers) are really looking forward to chill in the hot tub.

I’ve read negative comments bc of many of them peeing or what not, I’m not saying mine do that (as far as I know), but what makes you think that kids (even adults) don’t urinate in the pools either? So will you then look down on them for getting into the pools as well??

I strongly feel that kids, as long as they are well behaved, should have the right, as another paying passenger, to enjoy these facilities, as long as they are not in the “adult-only” areas.

Am I wrong for thinking like this and wanting to allow my kids to enjoy the hot tubs??

Ok, I must ask and please don’t shoot me down for inquiring….

But why are some many people against children being in the hot tubs???

We are taking our cruise this Sunday and my 11 DD and 8 DS (1st time cruisers) are really looking forward to chill in the hot tub.

I’ve read negative comments bc of many of them peeing or what not, I’m not saying mine do that (as far as I know), but what makes you think that kids (even adults) don’t urinate in the pools either? So will you then look down on them for getting into the pools as well??

I strongly feel that kids, as long as they are well behaved, should have the right, as another paying passenger, to enjoy these facilities, as long as they are not in the “adult-only” areas.

Am I wrong for thinking like this and wanting to allow my kids to enjoy the hot tubs??

As far as I know hot tubs can be dangerous not only to young children but also to people with certain medical conditions. This is what the sign says at the hot tub at the gym I go to.

as long as they are not marked adults only, i let my kids go in.

usually, it's easier to get in as they are warmer. hint: i believe if they heated the regular pool, more kids would go in there.

what horrifies me are kids that put their heads under that water. yuck!

As many posters on this website have noted, the majority of the hot tubs on CCL are "lukewarm" at best - cooler than my kids often take their baths. Given the chlorine it should not be a health issue - which mainly concerns elevating the body temperature of the little ones. Now, the hot tubs in the gym? That is another matter...toasty and adults (or children over 12 when accompanied by an adult) only.

We just came back from a cruise on the Glory to Canada. There were tons of kids in the family friendly hot tub near the slide - they needed it as it was only about 70 degrees outside and they greatly enjoyed themselves while the grownups relaxed in the lounge chairs nearby, covered in towels.

Kids using the hot tubs should not be an issue as long as they stay out of the adult only ones.

I may be wrong here, but seems like years ago when I was pregnant my doctor told me not to sit in a hot tub because it raises your body temp. I always assumed that's why young children shouldn't use them either.

If the kids just sit there and relax, I have no issues if their parents let them in the hot tubs...

However, on my cruise last month, kids were splashing around in the hot tubs, dunking their heads in the water, hopping in and out...etc...so it definitely disrupts the whole relaxing concept of being in a hot tub...

However, they are free to use for everyone and they were kids just being kids...Believe me, I was very thankful for the adults only area though where I could truly relax!

I have no problem with kids being in the hot tub as long as they treat it like a relaxing place to be and not horseplay (do that in the regular pool) and have a parent there to monitor - don't leave it up to others. I would not allow my children in a hot tub until they were 16 on my Drs recommendation - he said because of the heat it increases blood pressure which should not be happening in children. Granted they are not that hot but a hot tub was a hot tub to my kids and they didn't even ask to go in.

As many posters on this website have noted, the majority of the hot tubs on CCL are "lukewarm" at best - cooler than my kids often take their baths. Given the chlorine it should not be a health issue - which mainly concerns elevating the body temperature of the little ones. Now, the hot tubs in the gym? That is another matter...toasty and adults (or children over 12 when accompanied by an adult) only.

We just came back from a cruise on the Glory to Canada. There were tons of kids in the family friendly hot tub near the slide - they needed it as it was only about 70 degrees outside and they greatly enjoyed themselves while the grownups relaxed in the lounge chairs nearby, covered in towels.

Kids using the hot tubs should not be an issue as long as they stay out of the adult only ones.

We are going on the Glory next month. Did you use the hot tub in the gym at all? Was it crowded or not so bad? I'm thinking that would be a good place for DD(13) and I to go and have some Mother/Daughter time.

I think that as long as your kids are just sitting there chilling, not splashing, jumping, or making a lot of noise, they are fine in the all-ages hot tubs.

My kids know how to relax in a hot tub, and know the difference between a pool and a hot tub. They are to sit still, keep it quiet, and enjoy the relaxing mood. If they want to dunk their heads, splash around, or get in and out, they can go to the pool. Or I should say that they WILL go to the pool.

On the other hand, there are hot tubs that are reserved for adults only, and they should remain child-free. Some adults don't like to be around kids if they can help it, and I respect that.

a hot tub is not much different than a bath! *shaking my head* any normal parent should check the water temp *first* and as long as the kids are properly supervised and well behaved, it should not be a big deal.

kids have a really small attention span anyway...they wont stay in for long!

personally i'd rather see kids in the hot tub and not adults doing naughty things!

As long as it's not posted "Adults Only" or in an area for Adults Only, then kids as well as adults are allowed.:)

I do agree with some posters that while in the hot tubs, they should be just taking it easy and relaxing (as hot tubs are meant to be used) and not trying to swim, etc.

We are going on the Glory next month. Did you use the hot tub in the gym at all? Was it crowded or not so bad? I'm thinking that would be a good place for DD(13) and I to go and have some Mother/Daughter time.

Let me tell you...that is one HECK of a hot tub. It is small - 4 people, if you don't mind touching. It has these little jets under yor legs that sting!

But, the pool in the gym was quite warm, and much bigger than the hot tub. Another couple who arrived after DH and I did hung out there while DH and I enjoyed the hot tub and hopped in when we left.

The other good thing about taking your daughter there is that you can also use the steam room and sauna (I prefer the latter). It has a hug glass window that looks out to the ocean. Perhaps you could spoil yourselves with pedicures and some sauna time too!

Let me tell you...that is one HECK of a hot tub. It is small - 4 people, if you don't mind touching. It has these little jets under yor legs that sting!

But, the pool in the gym was quite warm, and much bigger than the hot tub. Another couple who arrived after DH and I did hung out there while DH and I enjoyed the hot tub and hopped in when we left.

The other good thing about taking your daughter there is that you can also use the steam room and sauna (I prefer the latter). It has a hug glass window that looks out to the ocean. Perhaps you could spoil yourselves with pedicures and some sauna time too!

Sounds perfect. I can't wait to go.:D

personally i'd rather see kids in the hot tub and not adults doing naughty things!

YOU SAID IT!!!

You know...there are people so quick to correct actions of children, when drunk adults misbehave worse than most kids.

Personally, I dont want my children in a hot tub where adults were in. I see the adults a lot more dirty than the children. I am more afraid of all the different types of body fluids that adults give off in that water.:eek:

I think the issue is that most have yet to see an 8 or 11 year old "chill" in a hot tub. It's the splashing and yelling and in and out that adults get peeved at.

I am not saying yours will do any of the above. Just my observation.

As many posters on this website have noted, the majority of the hot tubs on CCL are "lukewarm" at best - cooler than my kids often take their baths. - which mainly concerns elevating the body temperature of the little ones. Now, the hot tubs in the gym? That is another matter...toasty and adults (or children over 12 when accompanied by an adult) only.

I'm pretty sure that cruise ship hot tubs (and pools) are not chlorinated.

There is a place for the kids to be and it's not in the adult hot tubs. I don't think I have ever seen an 8 or 11 or any other child just sitting there trying to relax.

on my Costa Med cruze this month...wee babes..in didies, being dunked and hels in the hot tub..the sign said in BIG letters no kids under 16 years, etc..I complained to the deck security...he said it wopuld only make the parents MAD if he made them get out, and there was "no-a place-a to lev-a da babee, since da momma an da poppa want a to both be in-a da hotta tubb-a together! Obviously, no-a hotta tubba for me..wid-da POOP-a ! jmtcw

on my Costa Med cruze this month...wee babes..in didies, being dunked and hels in the hot tub..the sign said in BIG letters no kids under 16 years, etc..I complained to the deck security...he said it wopuld only make the parents MAD if he made them get out, and there was "no-a place-a to lev-a da babee, since da momma an da poppa want a to both be in-a da hotta tubb-a together! Obviously, no-a hotta tubba for me..wid-da POOP-a ! jmtcw

We saw that in Aug 09...Someone was "dipping" a baby (w/diaper) in and out of the hot tub...kinda like "blanching" the baby.

Younger kids should not be in the hot tubs unsupervised. And they should only be in there for a very limited time. Period.

OTOH...the most annoying thing I've seen is adults fondling and groping each other in the hot tubs.

Yeah...it's the kids that are the biggest issue. :rolleyes:

Archived