Carnival Magic Questions Only

I cant see this working... Triumph will probably head into dry dock ... and then return to Galveston ..

Conquest might do lets say a extended repo from Galveston New Orleans ... Magic is coming into Galveston ... so how would you get back to Galveston to do the b2B?

I suppose you could drive or fly from NOLA to Galveston (depends on the timing of Conquest's arrival in NOLA and Magic's departing from Galveston) - not a traditional B2B, by any means, but, perhaps, doable, if you make the effort! :D

I suppose you could drive or fly from NOLA to Galveston (depends on the timing of Conquest's arrival in NOLA and Magic's departing from Galveston) - not a traditional B2B, by any means, but, perhaps, doable, if you make the effort! :D

I think just doing the Conquest reposition is going to be a really great cruise. That would be enough for me to manage, and still have to get back to your car in Texas. ... and who knows if the ending of Conquest would exactly co-incide with Magic's first cruise out of Galveston... yep, ... Im sure you could, but Id just do Conquest if I could. Thats going to be a good one, when they move Conquest to New Orleans repo.

We just booked the Magic for 11-14-11. Wonder who the cruise director will be?????

Doug

Doug.

Welcome aboard.

John Hinted that HE will be the CD on his blog (yesterdays)

makes sense.

It was in the one where he was joking about the 'Breeze' homeport.

We have only cruised twice, so we are in no way experts, so I have a question. Thinking of booking on the Carnival Magic for Thanksgiving week 2011. Since this will be one of the first cruises out of Galveston, do you think there will be a lot of "kinks" that will need to be worked out? Is it better to wait until reviews start coming in?

Thanks!

We have only cruised twice, so we are in no way experts, so I have a question. Thinking of booking on the Carnival Magic for Thanksgiving week 2011. Since this will be one of the first cruises out of Galveston, do you think there will be a lot of "kinks" that will need to be worked out? Is it better to wait until reviews start coming in?

Thanks!

if there are kinks, hopefully they get worked out while Magic is in Europe.

John Hinted that HE will be the CD on his blog (yesterdays)

makes sense.

It was in the one where he was joking about the 'Breeze' homeport.

We are booked for the 12-day Mediterranean cruise (2nd one out) and John is the CD on the Magic for sure in the Med, so he might continue on to Texas and be the CD for awhile there.

I waited a long time for the announcement that Magic was heading to Galvestion.

We booked a Cove balcony for April of 2012 by noon the day booking opened.

We are doing a 7 day on Celebrity Solstice in April of 2011 so the wait won't be so bad. :D

It's interesting that the price dropped on the 11/14/11 sailing, because prices on the 11/20/11 sailing increased today. At least the balcony prices increased. Thank goodness we booked last Saturday!

We just finished our first cruise on the conquest and LOVED it. We are also planning on booking the Thanksgiving cruise on the magic <meeting with TA this week>. I am hoping *most* of the kinks will be out but I am a beginner so I have no idea..lol

Thanks!

I'm currently booked on the Splendor for April 2011 going out of Long Beach but the friend I am sailing with (and celebrating my 50th) wants to go to Europe instead. The Magic sails on 5/1/11 out of Venice, disembarking in Barcelona for 9 nights. Is this the first sailing and if so, should it be avoided? The price wasn't too bad and it looks like there are plenty of cabins still available. Also, given that the average temp in most of the ports is in the 60s should we bother with a balcony? I was thinking of the cove style but if its' chilly out late afternoons we most likely would not use it much.

We need to go in either April or the beginning of May as said friend owns a breakfast restaurant that will start getting busy in the shoulder season. I've cruised several times so not really a newbie. Would love any comments;) about timing, ship, ports, etc. Venice is a must-see though.

We are booked on the 5-10-11 sailing (the first from Barcelona) - it is the 12 day Med. We are also going back to Barcelona in Oct and doing the Transatlantic. We thought about doing a b2b with the Transatlantic but Carnival is in Europe so little that we decided to hold out and do the back to back on the Breeze in 2012. We were disappointed that the home port is not in Italy and we are hoping that they run very different itineraries so that a b2b won't give you repeat ports....like how about Rome, Italy and Greece ports and then maybe up to London and back to Rome. We can only hope.....AND SAVE!!!:p

We're booked on the second 12 day cruise from Barcelona on May 22, 2011. In 2007 we did a B2B on the Carnival Freedom since it did both Eastern and Western Med ports. That was a wonderful 24 days. Hopefully the Carnival Breeze will do some new itineraries in 2012.