Carnival Magic Questions Only

NM, we were missing one piece of our luggage after the transfer to BCN Airport. It arrived ten minutes later on a van. Heald wrote on his Facebook page that the Carnival transfer was easy and worry free. I wouldn't use it or encourage others to either.

If anyone needs a cabin for four in a smoke free environment, including smoke free balcony and wants spa benefits, I can highly recommend 12023.

As for the ship itself, it's an improvement over other carnival ships. But they need to build bigger pools if they are building ships for 4,000 passengers. The current facilities are substandard. We had one sea day out of nine days. I would think twice about booking a Caribbean cruise on that ship.

We are looking at booking 12023 for our family of four in January...anything specific you can tell me about the cabin? Seems like a good location. Also, will my wife be able to take our daughter with her to the spa? I can't find any info on whether the spa priveledges are just for the first 2 in the room or if they even allow under 18 in the spa? Thanks

Correct James Charlton will be the CD through Jan 22nd cruise--I believe John will be back for cruise on 01/29.

How long will John be back for- any idea? He has a bloggers cruise in early March. Wonder if he will still be there at the end of March?

We are looking at booking 12023 for our family of four in January...anything specific you can tell me about the cabin? Seems like a good location. Also, will my wife be able to take our daughter with her to the spa? I can't find any info on whether the spa priveledges are just for the first 2 in the room or if they even allow under 18 in the spa? Thanks

We were in this room a couple weeks ago. LOVED IT:) Very quiet and conveniet to Lido. We walked up/down whenever we ate in the morning or afternoon. Our room stewards, Inna and Marek were the best I've ever had. The only "wierd" thing we found was that at night when we'd prop the balcony door open, there'd be a big gush of water coming over the top railing onto the balcony. I have no idea where the water came from, because it wasn't raining:eek: It wasn't every night, but when it happene it was at about 4:00 - 4:30 AM.

The Spa is only for the 1st 2 guests and I know there's an age requirement, but don't know what it is. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 18, due to the nature of the spa being a more "quiet" place and also due to unmonitored access to the steam, sauna and thelessapy pool.

A new thing on this ship, tho probably mentioned already, was that to have the lights on, someone's key card needs to be in the "light switch" on the wall, for lack of a better name. Good idea, just took some getting used to.

The Magic is a beautiful ship and the staff was wonderful. I hope that you and you family enjoy it as much as we did.

We were in this room a couple weeks ago. LOVED IT:) Very quiet and conveniet to Lido. We walked up/down whenever we ate in the morning or afternoon. Our room stewards, Inna and Marek were the best I've ever had. The only "wierd" thing we found was that at night when we'd prop the balcony door open, there'd be a big gush of water coming over the top railing onto the balcony. I have no idea where the water came from, because it wasn't raining:eek: It wasn't every night, but when it happene it was at about 4:00 - 4:30 AM.

The Spa is only for the 1st 2 guests and I know there's an age requirement, but don't know what it is. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 18, due to the nature of the spa being a more "quiet" place and also due to unmonitored access to the steam, sauna and thelessapy pool.

A new thing on this ship, tho probably mentioned already, was that to have the lights on, someone's key card needs to be in the "light switch" on the wall, for lack of a better name. Good idea, just took some getting used to.

The Magic is a beautiful ship and the staff was wonderful. I hope that you and you family enjoy it as much as we did.

Thanks for the info! Sounds great! We had that same type of key card lighting on the Epic a couple weeks ago but they left a "dummy" card in it the whole week so it kind of defeated the purpose :rolleyes:

Wonder what the water was from?? Washing the upper deck??

I know that's environmentally friendly. We had that deal in a hotel in Vegas. I'm not a fan...each time we got back to the room, it was too warm since the AC had been off.

I know that's environmentally friendly. We had that deal in a hotel in Vegas. I'm not a fan...each time we got back to the room, it was too warm since the AC had been off.

On Magic it is just the lights. The A/C and electrical outlets are not affected.

Pretty much any card works for the lights including an old S&S card, AARP card, etc.

Other things about 12023 and 12021 next door is that they are convenient to stairs, elevator, and spa while also being private because of a tuck away. They are both quad cabins and either way you will most likely be next to another family of four.

Info on only two per cabin with spa privileges is correct. They do have a mom and daughter day there.

How long will John be back for- any idea? He has a bloggers cruise in early March. Wonder if he will still be there at the end of March?

I am wondering the same thing. I know he was originally scheduled to be there thru the end of March, but some things have changed and he may leave after the Bloggers Cruise. I asked on his FB page, but he still doesn't know for sure yet. :confused:

We are 6275 (balcony) and also very curious of what to expect. I have heard about loud music and things of that nature. We are late night people and can sleep through most noise but is it out of control loud? Is that location pretty close to the popular places on the ship?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Leaving 30 days from now and will see about upgrading if need be.

Edited by TMWTim

We are 6275 (balcony) and also very curious of what to expect. I have heard about loud music and things of that nature. We are late night people and can sleep through most noise but is it out of control loud? Is that location pretty close to the popular places on the ship?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Leaving 30 days from now and will see about upgrading if need be.

6275 is above the shops, so that should not be too noisy. 6239 however is above the showroom. We had a cabin above the showroom on the Conquest and I thought I would lose my mind having to listen to the shows going on in there during the day and rehearsals and then the 2nd show in the evenings. My preference is to have a cabin with passenger decks above and below us to insulate us from the noise from Promenade deck. I am however violating my own "rule" by booking a deck 12 Spa cabin on our next trip.

I am hoping to book something soon as well. I too wish there were more itineraries. I really love the Itinerary for the 8-day Christmas 2011 cruise because I love Belize and Roatan but it's just so much more expensive. I wish they would offer that cruise more than just over Christmas. I have done the Grand Cayman/Cozumel/Jamaica route so often that I need something different and I don't want to sail on RCCL and I don't want to sail out of anywhere but Galveston. OH, and yes, I see that they also have the Bahamas cruise, but that doesn't sound that exciting. I like Key West, but last time we were in Freeport, it was quite boring. Never been to Nassau though.

Maybe Carnival will decide to do a few 8 day cruises and 6 day cruises on the Magic to mix things up a little. I think a lot of people would be interested in going to Roatan and Belize than the usual places. I would pay more for that, but really don't want to pay as much as they are asking for that Christmas cruise, plus, we have a 2 year old and I don't really want to make him miss Christmas and Santa at home.

May 20, 2012 Goes to Belize and Honduras.

On Magic it is just the lights. The A/C and electrical outlets are not affected.

Pretty much any card works for the lights including an old S&S card, AARP card, etc.

Thank you!! I was a little concerned about a too-warm room.

Thanks for the info! Sounds great! We had that same type of key card lighting on the Epic a couple weeks ago but they left a "dummy" card in it the whole week so it kind of defeated the purpose :rolleyes:

Wonder what the water was from?? Washing the upper deck??

Not sure about the water...I meant to ask the stewards, but kept forgetting. The water was never soapy and the balcony never had any residue, so not sure.

Just to share...for the 1st time I brought a battery candle, they also sell tea lights, to keep on in the bathroom. It was so much better then either turning on the light or having to feel your way around.

Enjoy:)

Does anyone know if the pools are heated on the Magic? We leave on Dec 4th and my daughter wants to jump right in the pool as soon as we are on board!

No heated pools on any CCL ship and they're all salt water too.

Not sure about the water...I meant to ask the stewards, but kept forgetting. The water was never soapy and the balcony never had any residue, so not sure.

Enjoy:)

My guess is, if it WAS water from cleaning the decks, it WOULDN'T be soapy. They have to use special chemicals that are safe to the environment/ocean when they are cleaning the ship's surfaces and, often time, there is no 'soapy' look or feel.

Not saying that's what the water that you saw was but.....