I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

The snow photos remind me of why we like it here in El Paso. Especially the one of the car with a ton of snow on it. Snow's pretty but the shoveling is definitely not - and the power outages must be awful.

DSC_0527.JPG

Your plow guy is your best friend.

Yep, we're crazies. After our first 5 days with no power in our little house, we invested in a generator instead of adding the 2nd bathroom or re-doing the kitchen to get a dishwasher. Fifteen years later, the generator is still purring along; we do have the 2nd bathroom now, but the dishwasher still has two hands. Some of my co-workers at school are on Day 3 with no power for their dishwashers.

Just waiting for the slopes to open, though the snowshoes are out.

Snowpup - we may live in El Paso now but we grew up in Michigan so we definitely know what that kind of snow is like. I don't miss the snow but do miss the color in the fall.

Sparky-we've talked about it but we don't think we could give up the four, oops five, seasons here in NH. Maybe we'll change our minds, but I'm shooting for the $10 and $25 season passes for the over 80 crowd. Few years to hone my skills.

Before the snow. Lucky they don't fire me for getting distracted on the way to work in the AM.

DSC_0467.JPG?gl=US

Sparky-we've talked about it but we don't think we could give up the four, oops five, seasons here in NH. Maybe we'll change our minds, but I'm shooting for the $10 and $25 season passes for the over 80 crowd. Few years to hone my skills.

Before the snow. Lucky they don't fire me for getting distracted on the way to work in the AM.

DSC_0467.JPG?gl=US

Gorgeous. I love this kind of shot where everything fades into the distance.

Gorgeous. I love this kind of shot where everything fades into the distance.

This is our neighbor's front cow pasture. Luckily we are a friendly neighborhood and they don't seem to mind sharing their view. "Winnie, that crazy lady is sitting out front again today staring at our trees." "Laurie, that's her fur sure, so you just put that 12 gauge back in the closet." "The cows don't seem to pay her no mind."

DSC_0304.JPG?gl=US

Just discovered this thread and I am working my way through the pages. I just purchased my first DSLR, a Canon ESO 60D. I'm very excited to get out and use it, trying to learn the ins and outs before our upcoming cruise.

Just wanted to pop in and say how much I'm enjoying your AMAZING photos. Spectacular shots. I wanna be you when I grow up! :)

Just discovered this thread and I am working my way through the pages. I just purchased my first DSLR, a Canon ESO 60D. I'm very excited to get out and use it, trying to learn the ins and outs before our upcoming cruise.

Just wanted to pop in and say how much I'm enjoying your AMAZING photos. Spectacular shots. I wanna be you when I grow up! :)

I got my Canon 60D about a year ago shortly before a cruise. Love the camera!!! Definitely go out and take lots of pictures in a variety of settings and with different lens (if you have them) before you go. Was well worth it. Words of warning, you will end up taking lots more pictures on the cruise than you might think. Bring lots of memory and happy shooting.

Tim

Welcome to the thread, neighbor!

Thank you! I've really been enjoying your lovely pictures of our beautiful area. Don't you just love when the "mountain is out". I never tire of it!!

Yes, I never get tired of seeing that mountain!:D

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=bb6ce349a7a3d481&page=play&resid=BB6CE349A7A3D481!8972&authkey=NMAdpPXgQnY%24