I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Great Pileated Woodpecker capture!

Thanks, I was so thrilled that this one stayed around for a long time while I was taking his (or her) picture. I'm hoping they will return. I saw babies on the same tree last year just as they were leaving the nest, but I couldn't get good shots. I'm hoping there will be another chance this year.

My wife and I spent a few hours at the Gettysburg battlefield area yesterday. A fascinating and moving place. The first is looking south from Plum Run to the Peach Orchard, and the second is the statue of General Warren on the summit of Little Round Top. Gettysburg is only a little over an hour's drive from our home and we will visit it more often.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Larry

We arrive May 11 and leave on the cruise on May 13. Our full day in Seattle shows 96% precip. :( I hope your weather guessers are like ours. If they are then we will probably have a bright, sunshiney day. :rolleyes:

Looks like the 12th and 13th were sunny! Hope you enjoyed your short stay in Seattle.

My husband gave me a new lens for my Canon 40D for Mother's Day, a Canon Normal EF 50mm f/1.8. I haven't had anything with that kind of depth of field in a loooooooooooong time. So I tired it out at my kids' rank advancement test for their martial arts studio yesterday. I took about 300 pix. I was happy with about 10 of them. :o Gotta practice!

Now I need a new version of Photoshop Elements and a class about how to use it!

Robin

IMG_4482edited.jpg

IMG_4551edited.jpg

IMG_4676edited.jpg

My family went for a dinner last weekend at the 360 Restaurant located at the top of the CN Tower in downtown Toronto to celebrate my son's 1st communion. Everyone really enjoyed the food.

Oven Roasted Boneless Half Chicken "Piri Piri"

i-KkmnSVC-X3.jpg

Pan Seared Fillet of Apple Wood Smoked Atlantic Salmon

i-W9J9Bv9-X3.jpg

Maple Walnut Roulade with Candied Walnut Meringue

i-kWHBD7p-X3.jpg

After we came home, my wife and I are talking how we really missed to have a dinner like this every night on our 1st cruise last month aboard the Radiance of the Seas :).

Cheers,

Conrad

Ravi, beautiful photos!

I live withing walking distance of the park but I've been on a cruise these past few weeks. I certainly hope I haven't missed all the blossoms. With all the rain we've had, everything is so lush and green right now.

A few of mine taken on a very rainy day in Astoria last week. I have only a nice little point and shoot which suits me fine but I love all of the photos and effects that you guys achieve with your skill and camera.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

A few of mine taken on a very rainy day in Astoria last week. I have only a nice little point and shoot which suits me fine but I love all of the photos and effects that you guys achieve with your skill and camera.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And what exactly is wrong with these pictures?

To me it supports my belief that the camera is not the important factor in the photo equation....

Nicely done!

Dave

PS. I liked the old dock pilings too!

medium.jpg

Edited by pierces

Nice! I have a "big" point & shoot!

Thank you. :)

I am usually intimidated to post on these threads since you are all such fab photographers but it is nice to be able to share and get feedback here.

Dave, the water had some interesting dock pilings along the way.

here are a few more...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Excellent pics Debathome. I like the B&W processing you did on all the pics and the 3rd is my favorite of the 3. Unless you are taking a fast action scenes, any point & shoot camera can rival images taken with a DSLR. It's all in the operator not the equipment.:)

Excellent pics Debathome. I like the B&W processing you did on all the pics and the 3rd is my favorite of the 3. Unless you are taking a fast action scenes, any point & shoot camera can rival images taken with a DSLR. It's all in the operator not the equipment.:)

Thank you but I cannot take credit. It was mother nature. The only photo shot in B&W is the first pic of the trees and the other`s were not processed at all. That`s the kind of dark and dreary day it was! Believe it or not, the bridge photo is in colour. :p

Thank you but I cannot take credit. It was mother nature. The only photo shot in B&W is the first pic of the trees and the other`s were not processed at all. That`s the kind of dark and dreary day it was! Believe it or not, the bridge photo is in colour. :p

I agree with the other comments...those are some of the best pics in this thread, no matter what camera you used! Great composition. Reminds me of an interesting quote that someone uses as their signature in another photography discussion forum..."That was an excellent meal. You must have really nice pots and pans!". :D