I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

This song sparrow was serenading me to celebrate the beautiful sunny weather we have today.

Songsparrow0001-XL.jpg

Saw this doe today in the woods

Deer0001-XL.jpg

These raccoon pics was from last week park walk.

Raccoon0002-XL.jpg

Raccoon0001-XL.jpg

Thank you all for the very nice comments. :)

Beautiful photos. And you wonder why I am intimidated?? :p

Love the last postings by all.

Ravi, where in Canada are you that you have such an abundance of wildlife in your neighborhood? Great shots.

5735811774_7385a2a3b2.jpg

Favorite Falls 3in SMSP May 18, 2011 2603 by Houser Photography, on Flickr

5735225659_8a0094b214.jpg

High Shoals Falls in SMSP May 18, 2011 2600 by Houser Photography, on Flickr

5735758488_87a2228d89.jpg

Trail Bridge Epic Hike in SMSP May 18, 2011 2598 by Houser Photography, on Flickr

5736112148_8be6e5f409.jpg

Chestnut Knob Overlook 2620 by Houser Photography, on Flickr

5735436237_50ceb9be1e.jpg

Eastern Box Turtle by Houser Photography, on Flickr

5735399587_da7f308c3c.jpg

Azalea Blooms 2612 by Houser Photography, on Flickr

Taken with my new little Sony NEX-5 Micro 4/3rds Camera on a 7 mile hike. Great little camera!

I am by no means even near professional. I'm an amature and my camera is just a standard $200 range point and click (Canon PowerShot SX130IS)that can be manually controlled to some degree.

I just wanted to share a few pictures I took today at the zoo. :)

5747596199_702e8eb92e_z.jpg

5747544405_e2cc9a057a_z.jpg

5748098366_c1404146fe_z.jpg

5748081306_bede3af3a2_z.jpg

Excellent pics Zack with you Nex. Really like the waterfalls shots. I owned one as well and it's perfect for travel and hiking.

Wonderful zoo pics Sherilyn. It's with the user not the equipment. A good photographer can take a good photos with any camera. Cheers

I agree...I really like your images Sherilyn. The light on the flamingos is beautiful!

Beautiful waterfalls, Zak.

I got out today with my camera but got home to discover that my ISO got bumped way up. So bummed...I bet I won't make that mistake again....anytime soon.

Just got lucky the other day. Found him in a small river looking for dinner. Unfortunately, he did not catch any fish during the time I was there. This is the first time I've got this bird really up close. Really close such that I have to move back amidst bushes and trees as he is filling up the full frame of my camera:)

GreatEgret0004-XL.jpg

GreatEgret0002-XL.jpg

GreatEgret0005-XL.jpg

GreatEgret0003-XL.jpg

Zach, beautiful photos. I am looking for a great little camera for my husband to be able to pocket for drag racing and other outings where he doesn't want to lug a camera around. This might just be 'the one'.

Sherilyn, great zoo pics. Like you, I just like to have my camera with me and point and shoot away!!

Beautiful shots of the bird. Is that a crane? Lucky to have been able to capture him with your lens like that. :)

Taken with my new little Sony NEX-5 Micro 4/3rds Camera on a 7 mile hike. Great little camera!

:eek:

Zack! The NEX-5 is NOT micro 4/3!

It takes such fine pictures because it has an APS-C sensor that has 1.6x the area of a 4/3 sensor! Bigger sensor in a smaller camera...yay Sony!

Keep the fine images coming!

Dave

:eek:

Zack! The NEX-5 is NOT micro 4/3!

It takes such fine pictures because it has an APS-C sensor that has 1.6x the area of a 4/3 sensor! Bigger sensor in a smaller camera...yay Sony!

Keep the fine images coming!

Dave

I noticed it too when Zack mentioned it but I was thinking maybe what he is using is a lens from a 4/3 system on a NEX body using an adapter. I have the same camera and it's an APS-C.

I loved the reflection in the pond, but there was a cloud between the sun and the mountains so I'm not too find of the overall result. Boo!

That's what photoshop is for! :)

I love the picture. It's absolutely gorgeous. All it needs is a little bit of color correction to get rid of the lighting issues.

I hope you won't be offended that I quickly popped into photshop and uploaded it with some color correction. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3074/5774200089_c3346dfaa4_b.jpg

Edited by sherilyn70

That's what photoshop is for! :)

I love the picture. It's absolutely gorgeous. All it needs is a little bit of color correction to get rid of the lighting issues.

I hope you won't be offended that I quickly popped into photshop and uploaded it with some color correction. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3074/5774200089_c3346dfaa4_b.jpg

I have GOT to learn how to do that! Photoshop is next on my list of things to learn. I was hoping to find a class somewhere nearby. Or maybe a book or two. Any recommendations???

Robin

I have GOT to learn how to do that! Photoshop is next on my list of things to learn. I was hoping to find a class somewhere nearby. Or maybe a book or two. Any recommendations???

Robin

I learned what I know from the Photoshop Wow! book series. They come with a disc that has all of the pictures they use on it and walk you through how to edit, but also show you how to adjust and make things the way you want.

Photoshop 6 (this is the one I owned long ago and learned from)

Photoshop 7

Photoshop CS/CS2

Photoshop CS3/4