Carnival Glory Oceanview Suite vs Balcony room

Emmy11386

Hi everyone,

My bf and I are looking into a cruise on the Carnival Glory in December. On our last cruise we got a balcony stateroom and loved it! For this trip I was looking at the oceanview suite. I am wondering if it is worth the extra money to upgrade to this room. Also if anyone has any pictures they are willing to share I would really appreciate it. Carnival's website only has the one picture. Thanks in advance! :D

The balcony cabin on the Glory will be the same size as the balcony cabin on the Triumph.

The suites are just one big cabin-- not a true suite like you would find on other ships.

will feature a tub instead of a shower only

87150050bJdgpX_th.jpg

87146077MdApbI_th.jpg

really would depend on how much extra the room is

Thank you for the pictures. I think I'm going to get the suite as a surprise for my bf. I spoke with a Carnival rep and they said I could book the balcony room and upgrade after through him that way my boyfriend doesn't know. I want to keep it a surprise atleast until we get to the port but I'm not sure how to do it. I know the luggage tags say VIP boarding and so do our funpasses. Once we get into the VIP boarding area there is no way I'll be able to keep it a surprise. We've crusied before so he knows this isn't the normal procedure. If any one has any advice it would be appreciated! :D

OP, I think the term oceanview suite, has a lot of folks confused ... they dont realize that these are the old cat 11 suites, with a new name.....they are nicer than a balcony.

These are larger and nicer than a balcony... they have the whirlpool tub and bigger balconies etc.

OS

JS

Suite

Now called Ocean Suite. Twin beds that convert to king, large balcony, sitting area with armchair and coffee table, sofa, dressing area with vanity, 2 large closets, wall safe, refrigerator, mini bar, private bath with whirlpool tub and shower, phone, television, hair dryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 275 Balcony: 65

Cabins 9205 and 9206 have standard size balconies.

On Decks: Lido Empress

Thank you for the pictures. I think I'm going to get the suite as a surprise for my bf. I spoke with a Carnival rep and they said I could book the balcony room and upgrade after through him that way my boyfriend doesn't know. I want to keep it a surprise atleast until we get to the port but I'm not sure how to do it. I know the luggage tags say VIP boarding and so do our funpasses. Once we get into the VIP boarding area there is no way I'll be able to keep it a surprise. We've crusied before so he knows this isn't the normal procedure. If any one has any advice it would be appreciated! :D

if you arrive to the pier before 11am--- you wont need the VIP boarding. and he wont know til you get in the cabin- its getting the person that is checking you in to be quiet about your suite

When you use VIP boarding do you get any other special perks other than avoiding the line?

nope that is the only perk that comes with booking a suite with carnival.

Carnival suites are not true suites like other lines but there is a huge price difference between carnival suites and say Princess suites.

We just came off the Glory (June 19) from an Oceanview Suite. We had originally booked a balcony but upgraded to the suite. With the suite you gain approximately 90 square feet. A larger sitting area and a larger balcony (they tell me it's like a balcony and a half), separate dressing room. More storage space than you're likely to need. One extra electric outlet in the dressing room. Double sinks in the bathroom and a jacuzzi tub with sliding doors. Now a word of advice.... if you're a well rounded person (like I am) there is a definite issue with the tub. It's damned near impossible to get into it and then out again as you can not turn to one side to get your feet under yourself.

For us the upsell was worth spending the extra money on. We enjoyed the space and the storage and yes we'd probably do it again.

• 1 year later...

Did you enjoy your ocean suite on the Glory? I too am trying to decide between a regular balcony room vs the ocean suite. Is the suite large enough for 3 people? Is the shower large enough to move around in?

Did you enjoy your ocean suite on the Glory? I too am trying to decide between a regular balcony room vs the ocean suite. Is the suite large enough for 3 people? Is the shower large enough to move around in?

The shower in the suite is in the bathtub so you have that added room.

I think all cabins are large enough for 3 people but I am biased and have sailed 5 of us to an inside cabin.

Is this your first cruise?

We have cruised Carnival before but never in an ocean suite or with 3 adults in a cabin. The last time we did have a regular balcony room (2 people) and loved that but thought maybe the suite would give us a little extra room since we will have 3 in our group.

are all adults? how many ladies?

no matter you still get one bathroom.

both cabins will have a sofa.

do you plan much time in the cabin/ or out and about the ship?

the balcony? what do you use more of-- room or balcony?

Archived