Which balcony cabin on Legend?

bloops

I'm planning to book a balcony cabin on Legend; I am looking for suggestions for which to choose and which to avoid. My initial thought is cat 8J on Empress deck.

I just booked 6232 for 1/23/11 sailing date. It has a balconly the size of a grand suite double the size of a regular balcony room. Look on the map layout and you will see it is much bigger. They also have those rooms on the 8th and 7th floor. Good luck.

I just booked 6232 for 1/23/11 sailing date. It has a balconly the size of a grand suite double the size of a regular balcony room. Look on the map layout and you will see it is much bigger. They also have those rooms on the 8th and 7th floor. Good luck.

We had 6232 on Miracle - it was a fantastic balcony - but beware - it is a quad cabin, and if you only have 2, they will probably not let you book it. The same cabins on 8th and 7th deck are for 2 - look at those also.

Considering the lifeboats are directly below, is the view of the water obstructed?

I think they maybe. As my travel planner told me you are looking out of your balcony not down. Those were her words. Even though it is for 4 she had her boss overide the computer so I could get it for 2 people.

Considering the lifeboats are directly below, is the view of the water obstructed?

You can't look directly down - but if you are sitting in a chair, you wouldn't even know they are there. It didn't bother us at all, even when we were standing at the railing. Just looked a bit diagonally down at the water!:)

We've had cabin #7196 on the Legend and it was great.

This may be a silly question but we have never sailed on a Spirit class ship before. Looking at the deck plans, there are balcony cabins that stick out further than these. Does that make sense? I was wondering if that has any effect on the view, especially if you book a cabin that is right next to one that sticks out further than yours does. :rolleyes:

We had 6232 on Miracle - it was a fantastic balcony - but beware - it is a quad cabin, and if you only have 2, they will probably not let you book it. The same cabins on 8th and 7th deck are for 2 - look at those also.

7258 is the one on deck 7 for 2 people. We had it on the Pride. The room is just like any other balcony cabin, but the balcony is the size of three full extended size balconies. These pics don't even come close to showing how big it really is - I couldn't get the whole balcony in the shot.

CarnivalPrideMay-June2010007.jpg?t=1277506498

CarnivalPrideMay-June2010006.jpg?t=1277506498

This may be a silly question but we have never sailed on a Spirit class ship before. Looking at the deck plans, there are balcony cabins that stick out further than these. Does that make sense? I was wondering if that has any effect on the view, especially if you book a cabin that is right next to one that sticks out further than yours does. :rolleyes:

You're right - there is a section of the ship with balconys that is recessed. That recessed area is where the lifeboats are - but below the higher decks. We had 7196 and we loved it - larger balcony. Never saw the life boats unless you look straight down. When just sitting or standing looking out at the ocean you don't see the lifeboats.

7258 is the one on deck 7 for 2 people. We had it on the Pride. The room is just like any other balcony cabin, but the balcony is the size of three full extended size balconies. These pics don't even come close to showing how big it really is - I couldn't get the whole balcony in the shot.

CarnivalPrideMay-June2010007.jpg?t=1277506498

CarnivalPrideMay-June2010006.jpg?t=1277506498

WOW!!!! That's HUGE. I'm going to look for this cabin next time!

Have had a cabin in the "inset" part twice (including the one I posted pics of.) Never been an issue with lifeboats. You have to be standing at the rail looking straight down to even see them and you can still see plenty of water below you. You are up high enough on decks 7 or 8 that you are looking mostly out. Still saw plenty of flying fish and even a stingray while sailing out of Port Canaveral.

Have had a cabin in the "inset" part twice (including the one I posted pics of.) Never been an issue with lifeboats. You have to be standing at the rail looking straight down to even see them and you can still see plenty of water below you. You are up high enough on decks 7 or 8 that you are looking mostly out. Still saw plenty of flying fish and even a stingray while sailing out of Port Canaveral.

Do you know what the empty space is between 7258 and 7260? Is it some kind of equipment room? Is it anything that was noisy? It is the same on deck 6, 7, and 8.

Do you know what the empty space is between 7258 and 7260? Is it some kind of equipment room? Is it anything that was noisy? It is the same on deck 6, 7, and 8.

It is a room steward utility room. Ice machine, storage, etc. And yes, it can be a little noisy at times.. We usually only heard noise from the balcony though. It wasn't bad from inside the cabin.

The best deal in cruising is the 7A's on deck 5. (5236 and 5238) The top of the lifeboats is about ankle level when standing on the balcony, so there really is no obstruction of view. And these baclconies, like the ones on the decks above, are huge. 3.5 X the size of a standard 8A balcony. Think about that for a minute.. They are nearly as big as the aft wrap balconies. These are the only cabins I will ever book on any Spirit class ship.

It's a steward closet. We didn't have any noise issues at all in the room or on the balcony. Occasionally I could hear the ice machine drop ice faintly while in the bathroom, but the bathroom was the only place I ever noticed it. I wondered if elevator noise would be a problem but it really wasn't.

Can anyone tell me anything about cabin 8239?

Are the balconies on deck 8 visible from the Lido deck?

No, not at all. You will actually have a mostly shaded balcony - there is a large overhang over the deck 8 extended balconies. Great for me since I sunburn in about 2 minutes in the tropics. :p

The best deal in cruising is the 7A's on deck 5. (5236 and 5238) The top of the lifeboats is about ankle level when standing on the balcony, so there really is no obstruction of view. And these baclconies, like the ones on the decks above, are huge. 3.5 X the size of a standard 8A balcony. Think about that for a minute.. They are nearly as big as the aft wrap balconies. These are the only cabins I will ever book on any Spirit class ship.

Do you have a picture you could post? And do these balconies have lounge chairs?

Archived