anyone have experience w/ adjoining cabins on Liberty in aft? 9396-9401 or 9696-9701

we are looking to book these rooms as last year we had two balcony rooms and with the kids we decided they didn't need a balcony and we could save some $$$ by doing these two adjoining rooms. Besides the long walk to the elevators - anyone have comments? How are the views from the balcony? how is the noise level back there? Anyone feel any motion? we usually do mid-ship rooms so this is a first for us.

The views will be fine....same as any other balcony. You may feel a bit of vibration...for some reason, the further aft you go, the more this may be felt....it doesn't bother some folks....others find it annoying. There's no more noise in that location than anywhere else.

When we had an aft JS on Liberty, we stopped when the steward was making up these rooms and took a look. We thought they were a great alternative to the JS, since the kids would have their own space and bathroom, and we'd get the balcony, plus the price would be a bit better. Yes, they are the last 2 rooms on either side of the ship. We never really minded the walk to the aft, as it gave us some room to walk off all of that great food.

I also have a family that it booked in these cabins on Freedom in August. Because of the connecting door, they can hear the kids and their younger son won't be afraid of being in his own room. The balcony does not have a sofa, as the connecting door prevents that, so there is just a chair.

One of the upsides to this is that if there are price drops on either category (D1 or L), you can get the reduction. I think it is more likely than if you had a D1 quad or a JS.

We have these rooms booked on Freedom this fall and our friends have the other side (we have port, they have starboard). I'll be happy to share a full review once we're back!

You do only get one cruise credit (we've always done at least a JS and gotten 2 so this will be different) but having that extra bathroom and real beds for a tween/teen combo will be great I think.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived