We leave tomorrow (6/28) out of Miami.. nervous about weather!

Been lurking around here for a while and got TONS of great info. We leave tomorrow and my slightly insane (new) mother-in-law has me wracked with nerves about hurricane (TS?) Alex that's brewing down in Mexico and that it will churn up all the oil in the Gulf and create fumes blah, blah. We leave from Miami, head to Key West and then Cozumel, and besides choppy water and maybe some rain, I'm not seeing a huge issue.

So I need some advice from you vets - do you think things will turn out OK? If they ship does change itinerary, how would they communicate that before she sails? I really don't care where we go, as long as it's a honeymoon!

I doubt you'll have any problems in the areas you're traveling to....the storm seems to be much further south and west and shouldn't affect you.

should they change itinerary, you probably won't know before she sails....the Captain can (and will ) make that determination at the spur of the moment.

Been lurking around here for a while and got TONS of great info. We leave tomorrow and my slightly insane (new) mother-in-law has me wracked with nerves about hurricane (TS?) Alex that's brewing down in Mexico and that it will churn up all the oil in the Gulf and create fumes blah, blah. We leave from Miami, head to Key West and then Cozumel, and besides choppy water and maybe some rain, I'm not seeing a huge issue.

So I need some advice from you vets - do you think things will turn out OK? If they ship does change itinerary, how would they communicate that before she sails? I really don't care where we go, as long as it's a honeymoon!

This tropical storm only has 40 mph sustained winds. We have thunderstorms with winds running 50 to 60. You have nothing to worry about the storm will be long gone by the time you get there. The ocean may be a little more choppy but that will be it.

The NHC has the storm back out into the Gulf of Mexico this afternoon but not the part you will be travelling through.

Carnival (or ANY cruise line) will NOt sail you into a hurricane, period.

Worst case scenario, if there's a chance that your route will be disrupted, Carnival will alter your itinerary (you may be sailing to different ports in order to stay clear of the bad weather). That's the beauty of cruising. If you were going on a land vacation to Cozumel, and a storm hits Cozumel, you have nowhere to go. On a cruise, if a storm hits Cozumel, you're now headed somewhere else where it's sunny!

Go with an open mind so that you're not dissapointed in case they do change the itinerary! I've been on several cruises where our ports of call have been changed or altogether cancelled because of bad weather. Although it would be easy to be dissapointed and allow the changes to ruin the vacation, it's better to go with the flow, and take the itinerary change as part of cruising!

They will not go anywhere that will put the passengers, crew and ship in any danger.

Youy might get a call if they change itinerary but usually will let you know when you get to the port.

Besides will you ever leave your cabin?

Archived