Teens on an early December cruise?

Love_to_cruise16

Does anyone know if there are a lot teens (15-17 range) that normally cruise early December?? We're going on a cruise December 4th which is the week after Thanksgiving so I wasn't sure if there will be a lot of teens. Is that a pretty average week? Thanks!

Ps. We're going to the Bahamas/Florida if that makes a difference

You won't too many children that time of the year other than maybe some pre-school children given that school is typically in session. Of course later in the month you'll see a lot of children on the Holiday Cruises.

Keith

I would expect very few kids indeed and hardly any teenagers. The week afer Thanksgiving is very low on kids sailing. The Christmas cruises are packed, but there is a dead couple of weeks inbetween when the kids are in school between the holidays. Few teens could manage to take time off school in that time period.

Does anyone know if there are a lot teens (15-17 range) that normally cruise early December?? We're going on a cruise December 4th which is the week after Thanksgiving so I wasn't sure if there will be a lot of teens. Is that a pretty average week? Thanks!

Ps. We're going to the Bahamas/Florida if that makes a difference

We have cruised a lot in the off season with our son - now 16. BUT, we homeschooled from 5th grade until now, 11th grade. This fall he will be taking math, bio and chem at the high school and I would not think of taking him out for a week. So, it really depends upon the family and the class load their teen has for the semester. He is currently planning on homeschooling the second semester and I am looking at cruises for that time period.

All that said, I know if you call, Princess will tell if there are other teens currently booked. I don't know about other cruise lines. Also, you can check the roll-call board on cruise critic for your sailing and see if there are any families there. Overall, expect the teen count to be low - but that can be a good thing - the counselors can spend more time on fun and less on crowd control. Either way, my son will say there is no bad cruise!

I'm guessing the reason you're going on that particular cruise is because the price is really cheap for that time of year! (It is). Unfortunately, not too many teens will be on board (silly little thing called "school") Anyway, enjoy the cruising experience!

We have cruised a lot in the off season with our son - now 16. BUT, we homeschooled from 5th grade until now, 11th grade. This fall he will be taking math, bio and chem at the high school and I would not think of taking him out for a week. So, it really depends upon the family and the class load their teen has for the semester. He is currently planning on homeschooling the second semester and I am looking at cruises for that time period.

All that said, I know if you call, Princess will tell if there are other teens currently booked. I don't know about other cruise lines. Also, you can check the roll-call board on cruise critic for your sailing and see if there are any families there. Overall, expect the teen count to be low - but that can be a good thing - the counselors can spend more time on fun and less on crowd control. Either way, my son will say there is no bad cruise!

Thanks for that suggestion! I will ask my mom and see if she'll call when it gets closer to the cruising date. As for the role call there are only a few people signed up so I'm hoping that as it gets closer maybe more will come and maybe some teens!

And my classes are very easy first semester (gotta love senior year! :D) so thats how I can afford to miss school for the week. Thanks again for everyones responses! Hopefully there will be at least a few teens on this sailing! :)

Archived