MGT whale watch tour??

crazy4cruisn

Their prices looked better than others. Do you know anything about them?

About MGT?? They are a well established well run company. BUT, as already noted, they are acting as a booking agent ONLY. They do not run any whale watch tours.

Budget Queen, It seems like you know alot about alaska, hopefully I'll one day be that knowledgable. I want to go whale watching and glacier trekking, from previous posts it looks like Juneau is the best place to glacier trek, what about whale watching, I'm sure I won't have time in Juneau to do both, is there another good place to whale watch? I'll be in skagway, ketachen as well - any suggestions to do one over the other, also, if glacier trekking gets cancelled because of weather, could I still whale watch w/ Marv, etc. thanks :)

Budget Queen, It seems like you know alot about alaska, hopefully I'll one day be that knowledgable. I want to go whale watching and glacier trekking, from previous posts it looks like Juneau is the best place to glacier trek, what about whale watching, I'm sure I won't have time in Juneau to do both, is there another good place to whale watch? I'll be in skagway, ketachen as well - any suggestions to do one over the other, also, if glacier trekking gets cancelled because of weather, could I still whale watch w/ Marv, etc. thanks :)

Nope, Juneau is it for whale watching. In my opinion, only the longest glacier trekking tours are worthwhile. The shorter ones are just- too short. You barely get out, before you have to return.

If glacier trekking is a priority and you have the time prior to your cruise, Matanuska Glacier 2 hours north of Anchorage may work for you. It's an easy day trip. Juneau gives you an excellent opportunity for whale watching and would be my preference there.

Would there be a really good chance of seeing whales in Juneau in July? We were in Cabo last Feb and saw so many whales that I am afraid it would be a disappointment not to see as many. The prices in Cabo were less than half those in Juneau. We were on a wildlife tour in Juneau several years ago in July and there was only one siting.

On previous Alaskan cruises we have seen them from the ship at a distance, just the spouts. Budget Queen, what are the chances of seeing them from the ship?

Archived