Steak House Formal Night Question

Gambit6971

I read on one post that if you are eating in the steak house on formal night you are required to be wearing a jacket. Could someone let me know if this is correct? Thank you.

The Elder God is a benevolent interdimensional being and has researched this issue for you. As per CCL's website (http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLSteakhouseRequest.htm?icid=CC_Hyperlink_7 ):

"The dress code requires that men wear jackets on the 'Cruise Elegant' nights of the cruise."

It is in the grey fine print.

i thought any night you eat in the steak house a jacket was required???:confused:

I have gone to the steak house on two different ships (one princess and 2 of the same carnival) and a jacket was not required in either restaurant...

We have eaten at the Steakhouse on both the Liberty and Glory on the 2nd "elegant" night both times. We were told no shorts and no jeans - jackets were not required. We saw everythng from tuxes to polo shirts and dockers.

Excellent meal both times. Totally worth the surcharge. Can't wait to go again on my Legend cruise in Oct.

Wrong info...... You do NOT need a jacket!!!!

Guess again. No one needs to take it from me.

From Carnival's website:

There is a nominal charge of $30 per person for dinner.

The $30 fee includes an appetizer, entrée, desert and the wait staffs' gratuity.

Optional additional gratuities may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account.

Reservation fee does not include bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water.

Guests can request a table anytime between 6 PM and 9:30 PM.

Requesting your table at least two weeks prior to your sail date is recommended.

Requested dates and times will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.

If requested time is full, the next available time slot will be assigned.

Please allow 2 ½ hours for your dining experience.

Dress code requires that men wear jackets on the 'Cruise Elegant' nights of the cruise.

All dining rooms are smoke-free.

Steakhouses are only available on Conquest-class, Spirit-class and Dream-class ships.

Guess again. No one needs to take it from me.

From Carnival's website:

There is a nominal charge of $30 per person for dinner.

The $30 fee includes an appetizer, entrée, desert and the wait staffs' gratuity.

Optional additional gratuities may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account.

Reservation fee does not include bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water.

Guests can request a table anytime between 6 PM and 9:30 PM.

Requesting your table at least two weeks prior to your sail date is recommended.

Requested dates and times will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.

If requested time is full, the next available time slot will be assigned.

Please allow 2 ½ hours for your dining experience.

Dress code requires that men wear jackets on the 'Cruise Elegant' nights of the cruise.

All dining rooms are smoke-free.

Steakhouses are only available on Conquest-class, Spirit-class and Dream-class ships.

Sailed 4 times in the last 16 months and have been to the steak house on "elegant night" on 3 of the 4 sailings. NO jacket needed.

Sailed 4 times in the last 16 months and have been to the steak house on "elegant night" on 3 of the 4 sailings. NO jacket needed.

My bets are still that Carnival is the source of correct information. I never worry about enforcement. I can read what they expect.

Incorrect. Jacket needed, but policy not enforced. The Elder God wishes that you are prepared should the steakhouse enforce it's policy the next time you cruise.

It is "required" as stated by Carnival, but many average Joe's ignore that, and are usually seated without incident. Which is why people will continue to ignore it - because Carnival does not want to piss people off... never mind that those who abide by the dress code might feel a bit "confused" by such disregard. There was one formal night (yes, back when it was called formal) that a gentleman was seated at the table next to us with short sleeves and blue jeans. They did bring a jacket to put on the back of his chair... :rolleyes:

Yeeha!

Tom

Incorrect. Jacket needed, but policy not enforced. The Elder God wishes that you are prepared should the steakhouse enforce it's policy the next time you cruise.

I'll borrow your jacket

We went a little over a week ago on the Liberty, on what was the second elegant night. They put a reminder card in your room with the date and time of your reservation, and on it it clearly stated that jackets are required.

However, when we were there, we saw one or two men with those Tommy Bahama-like short sleeve button down shirts and no jackets. For the most part, a majority of the men wore jackets though.

Archived