What's the cheapest rate you've seen for a Balcony cabin?

heymonkey89

I'm tempted to upgrade to a balcony cabin if the price is right. What is the cheapest you've seen for a 7 day cruise Western Caribbean?

$599/pp and this was 2 years ago on Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Sea but it was sailing the southern Caribbean route in October.

Hey to a fellow Charlottean!

I think I saw the other day that Valor and Glory both had 7 day Western Carribean cruises for a balcony starting at $489 or $499, for the week after Thanksgiving this year. I was looking for inexpensive cruises but am already on the Imagination for that week, so I can't complain, LOL. I am not sure if those balcony prices were for 7a Balconies or the 8a's though...

Have fun!!!!!

:D:D

I'm tempted to upgrade to a balcony cabin if the price is right. What is the cheapest you've seen for a 7 day cruise Western Caribbean?

$375 for a Cat 11 suite. We were aboard during the 9/11 WTC event and were offered our same cabin at that price for the next week.

It does little good relying on what is posted. Communication is not a strong area for cruise lines. They post bait and switch prices without saying what cat cabin. The low price shown is almost always something undesirable or when you try to book it is "gone". Same applies to any price reductions! I just saw a great reduction listed for our upcoming cruise for our balcony. (Carnival also has several bridges in Brooklyn!) :D Naturally it turns out to be the lowest category, not mine!:mad:All posted prices should have the category listed! :mad:

Carnival website right now has $559 for a balcony on the Legend Western in December 2011.

(That was the only thing I tried, figuring a slow time or year in the distant future would be pretty cheap. I'm not saying you couldn't find lower if you searched more thoroughly or went through a travel agent.)

It does little good relying on what is posted. Communication is not a strong area for cruise lines. They post bait and switch prices without saying what cat cabin. The low price shown is almost always something undesirable or when you try to book it is "gone". Same applies to any price reductions! I just saw a great reduction listed for our upcoming cruise for our balcony. (Carnival also has several bridges in Brooklyn!) :D Naturally it turns out to be the lowest category, not mine!:mad:All posted prices should have the category listed! :mad:

And you have just explained why you shouldn't take those so-called free upgrades. Those low rates that they will advertise to fill the ship later on will always be for the lowest level in the category. Once you accept that free upgrade, that future price drop is worth nothing to you.

We were in a category 8E on the Lido deck on Valor last year for $579. We are now booked in a category 8B (one of the very few "L" shaped rooms with the long balcony) on Victory in December for $579.

I think I saw some lower category balconies (8A or B) last year on the Valor for around $559. I think that is a great price. We just wanted to be up a little higher on that trip.

There are some amazing prices some posters have received! We have not had that kind of luck but are really happy with the prices we have paid.

Just booked the Glory for 11/14 and are getting our first balcony.... we paid $539 pp plus tax and fees. This was a past guest rate. I've been on 5 cruises and so excited to FINALLY book a balcony cabin! :D

Archived