How long......

I got visa pages added in February and it took less than 2 weeks.

There is a difference in the interval for adding pages to an existing passport versus getting a new passport. Adding pages is a shorter interval.

Keith

It took 3 weeks for my DD and I to receive our passports. We applied for them in April, 2010.

It took 2 weeks for my DH and our other DD to receive their passports, and they applied for theirs in May, 2010.

The post office informed us it would take 4-6 weeks to receive them so we were plesantly surprised to have received them so quickly. :)

My son just got his and it took 10 days! (Eventhough we were told it would take 4-6 weeks). They are moving pretty fast in the passport office these days!

Last time I renewed (about 5 years ago), it took a month!

How long is it typically taking to get a new passport?

The Passport Site gives an update daily regarding processing times as of the date you're checking the site. The times quoted are based on when the application is received at the passport processing center and not the date you mailed it.

Also the manor is how you mailed your application to processing center can also influence the processing time. This is also referenced on the website.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/processing/processing_1740.html

I posted a couple weeks ago, pretty frantic. My DH and i messed around about applying for a passport and i was worried they would not arrive in time for our 7/26 sailing. The passports came in the mail today! 2 weeks and 1 day.

Folks told me they would be here in plenty of time and they were correct!

(The post office said it would be about 4 weeks).

Archived