Thank you! ES price drop success!

SmudgeCat

I love e.s. we have a $260 credit waiting for us. I check a couple of times a week and use carnival cruise genie to watch daily. It pays to watch. Luckily we both like beer:)

What is Carnival Cruise Genie?

I found the form..............yeah!!!!!!!!!........and I found a price reduction for my February cruise...........

But I'm not sure which one I should get?????????

I booked as a Past Guest with an upgrade from a 4D to a 4F which is now $60 cheaper. The 4F (which is my actual cabin category) has an upgrade to a 4H and that rate is $45 dollars less than I paid.

So which credit will I get????

Good for you!! Every dollar counts! We're booked as past guests and we got $60 knocked off our balance 2 weeks ago. I told my DH that's about 7 margaritas for me! He said, no, that's 7 beers for me!! LOL! We'll see who wins that one!

LMAO....I just did that 2 weeks ago with my boss...so far we have an on board credit of $160.00. My DH and I have agreed to split it in half so we both have $80.00 credit. I calculated up how many DOD's I can have and was so excited that I told my boss that now I have 10 DOD's paid for. He told me that was an excellent way to spend my OBC (Him and his wife are avid cruisers and drinkers) :p

Would have more of an OBC but our first two price drops we were still paying for the cruise. :rolleyes:

Where are you all checking for price drops? On the HAL site you have to put in everyone's name and other info before you get to a price screen.

Is there a fast way to check?

Punk

Hi Punknhead!

Just do a search using "find a cruise" on the Carnival site, and look up the cruise you've already booked. Click on the cabin level you've booked (interior, ocean view, balcony, suite), and then select the radio button for Early Saver. Then you'll just need to click on the location tab or on "edit" next to the room selection to which it defaults. This will pull up the list of cabin categories under the ES rate code- check your exact cabin category to see if it is less per person than what you paid (if booking for 3 or 4 people, make sure you pay attention to the 3rd/ 4th passenger rates too, not just the total price). Don't forget to repeat this process to check other applicable rates such as past guest rates, residency, or senior... and don't forget price drop credit only applies for those with bookings listed as Early Saver (i.e., if booked under the past guest rate you do not qualify for drops based on the Early Saver rate, only vice versa).

Hope that helps!

SmudgeCat

Archived