Thank you! ES price drop success!

SmudgeCat

I just wanted to thank everyone here on the Cruise Critic boards who have both asked and answered all of the ES price drop questions. I didn't think I would ever get to use the advice because my 12/5 Miracle cruise has only been going up in price, and my 8A category had been sold out for a long while. Even so, I checked faithfully- hope springs eternal.

Last Thursday I was shocked to see the cabin category available again- two cabins had opened up. I was further shocked to realize that the Past Guest price for those had dropped to $60pp below what we had paid on ES. I sent some screen shots to my TA and she sent off the form that night.

My documents online show the credit has been received!! I can't believe it! I shouldn't be so surprised that it was so easy and fast, but I suppose that since I knew others had not been so lucky, I wasn't going to hold my breath.

It was because of all the advice and direction that I have read on CC that I was able to jump on that drop (which disappeared as quickly as it had appeared), and am already set for some DOD's and the steakhouse/ supper club. THANK YOU, CC'ers!!!! :p

I just wanted to thank everyone here on the Cruise Critic boards who have both asked and answered all of the ES price drop questions. I didn't think I would ever get to use the advice because my 12/5 Miracle cruise has only been going up in price, and my 8A category had been sold out for a long while. Even so, I checked faithfully- hope springs eternal.

Last Thursday I was shocked to see the cabin category available again- two cabins had opened up. I was further shocked to realize that the Past Guest price for those had dropped to $60pp below what we had paid on ES. I sent some screen shots to my TA and she sent off the form that night.

My documents online show the credit has been received!! I can't believe it! I shouldn't be so surprised that it was so easy and fast, but I suppose that since I knew others had not been so lucky, I wasn't going to hold my breath.

It was because of all the advice and direction that I have read on CC that I was able to jump on that drop (which disappeared as quickly as it had appeared), and am already set for some DOD's and the steakhouse/ supper club. THANK YOU, CC'ers!!!! :p

Good for you!! Every dollar counts! We're booked as past guests and we got $60 knocked off our balance 2 weeks ago. I told my DH that's about 7 margaritas for me! He said, no, that's 7 beers for me!! LOL! We'll see who wins that one!

Wait a minute.....if I booked ES, but the Past guest rate is cheaper...I can still get a credit?!?! I think I'm confused on this and possibly have it all wrong....can someone explain?

That was my understanding from the boards, and it just worked for me :D- exact same cabin category (8A for me), and as long as you're eligible for the rate in question, such as like past guest or resident, then you can put in for the reduction or OBC based on that rate. Funny enough, the ES rate at the time was still higher than what we paid, it was a fluke that I looked at past guest that day! :p

Here's hoping that maybe a few more drops might be in the future. :) :) I will definitely book ES again!

What are screen shots? I really don't know much about computers. Thanks for your reply.

What are screen shots? I really don't know much about computers. Thanks for your reply.

Hey there!! :)

A screen shot is a snapshot or picture of what is exactly on your computer screen at the moment you take it, as you see it. I know the process of taking them can vary from computer to computer, but on mine I hit a little button on the top right of my keyboard that says "Print Screen." It stores an image of the screen as if I had hit "copy," and then I paste the image into another application, like Word or Powerpoint. I save the document with that image in it. I read on the boards that having screen shots has helped in some cases to prove the rate that they were looking at existed if the prices are especially volatile over the course of a day or two days. It's more of a backup in case the ES fairies have questions regarding the price drop request that you submit on the regular form. If you use a TA, the shots can help them as well, in case by the time they look up the rate, it has already changed again.

I hope that helped! :p

What is OBC?

Where on CruiseCritic can newbies find an acronym dictionary?

Thanks!

On Board Credit

I'll be checking my price daily, if not hourly! LOL! Of the 7 cruises I've been on, I've never gotten a price drop. It seems that everyone gets one, lol, is there a trick or more categories than others?

Thank-you very much. I do see that button (print screen) on my computer. Not sure I know how to paste. I am really computer illiterate except for checking and sending emails. lol. I think we have Word on our computer. Anyways, thanks again. You explained things very well.

Thank-you very much. I do see that button (print screen) on my computer. Not sure I know how to paste. I am really computer illiterate except for checking and sending emails. lol. I think we have Word on our computer. Anyways, thanks again. You explained things very well.

No worries at all! :)

After you hit the Print Screen button with the rates being shown online, move to the Word document (have it already open in the background), click on the blank page, then try hitting control-V. If your button works like mine, that should paste the image right into the document. Then you can save the document to your computer. :p

On Board Credit

I'll be checking my price daily, if not hourly! LOL! Of the 7 cruises I've been on, I've never gotten a price drop. It seems that everyone gets one, lol, is there a trick or more categories than others?

Only trick I know is check the price CONSTANTLY. Sometimes changes a few times a DAY closer you get to sail. Also check past guest, resident, senior rates, they will usually let me make a claim on any of those rates... I have gotten some OBC the last three times I booked with ES, from $75 to $450!

We aren't really drinkers, so we plan to use our OBC for the Behind the Fun tour and some pictures and sodas. Thought about a pedicure ($40 on board) but I can do that before I board and be fine with that. I want to do the steakhouse but hubby is opposed so I will respect that. It's our 20th wedding anniversary so I want it to be special. My mom had the stateroom decorated by Carnival and ordered us a gift basket as well.

Where is it that you all check the prices? On the carnival site? or other sites?

I use a TA site that shows cabins ... I find that often with the Carnival site, Im not seeing all the rates, even if I checked all the boxes for advance search. pick a site, any site you like .... but right now Carnival isnt working well for me.

I use a TA site that shows cabins ... I find that often with the Carnival site, Im not seeing all the rates, even if I checked all the boxes for advance search. pick a site, any site you like .... but right now Carnival isnt working well for me.

You got that right, i think Carnival is doing that intentionally.

Archived