Not a happy camper right now...

It's because they want the 4 person room to be available for someone to book with four people.

I have noticed that with the last cruise I booked. The number of people in your room has to match the room capacity or they won't let you book that room.

Upcoming cruise we have aroom for 4 booked for 2 . It is not a spa cabin. Seems unfair

Maybe they should be worried more about my entire cruise fare because if I get mad enough I just won't sail on their ship. :mad:

:D That's too funny.

I hate Walmart and refuse to shop at Walmart. Guess what? Walmart is doing just fine without my business. Same with Southwest Airlines. They're doing just fine also.

I have to assume that Carnival will do just fine without your business.:eek:

Okay, I think I might have found an alternative. It looks like the OV cat 6s is available for room 11202. Description says its a window that looks outide onto walkway. What does this mean? Just a window? What is the walkway for? It would be about $400 more but still 1/2 of what the Spa balconies are. Is it worth it? Please give your advise.

Thanks again for all who listened to my rant today!

The OP said she is ALREADY booked three in a quad, and just wants to switch to a quad in a different category and NOW is being told she can't - on the same sailing.

I think that's weird.

Just as Carnival, and probably all cruiselines, have some formula to decide when to raise or lower prices according to booking volume. They also have a formula to decide that 2s, 3s, and 4s can only be booked at max from a certain % of occupancy already booked.

Like you can book ES a year out, but you cannot book ES 2 months out.

Just as Carnival, and probably all cruiselines, have some formula to decide when to raise or lower prices according to booking volume. They also have a formula to decide that 2s, 3s, and 4s can only be booked at max from a certain % of occupancy already booked.

Like you can book ES a year out, but you cannot book ES 2 months out.

So if what you are saying is right...I could potentially keep checking with TA to see if restriction has been lifted? Not all hope is lost?

We have sailed several times (booked with our PVP) and more often than not we pick a cabin that is a triple or a quad and we travel as 2 people. Each time we have booked (most recently in February for our upcoming January cruise) we are allowed to book the cabin and we are told that if there are no other quads available, and someone is trying to book the cruise, there is the chance that we could be bumped from our cabin.

The new cabin would be of same and we would be notified of any changes that occur.

In cruising since 1989, we have never been moved from our cabin!

I would call Carnival and ask to speak with a supervisor and let them know that all you are trying to do is upgrade (you are already booked in a cabin that is a quad).

I wish you luck

Our son and his fiancee have the grand suite, which can hold 4 people or so we are told, but its only the 2 of them as they are getting married in st thomas, seems if they will let them have the grand suite they should let you have yours with three in your cabin...I agree what they are doing is stupid!

I would call back and talk to someone else. When calling Carnival, you'll often find that if you talk to 10 different people, you end up with 10 different answers. Hopefully the next person you talk to will be able (or willing) to let you change cabins.

this is what I would do.

and I would not start the conversation with "I want to see if I can..."

Id start with "Oh we are so excited about our crusie! You know I want to upgrade our cabin tho"

Suites because of their pricing is usually exempt from the 2 in a Quad issues. I've had 3 in a Quad Suite and it was never an issue.

OP - I would just call Carnival for pricing as if you are not already booked (unless you booked under ES and THAT is the problem not the Triple in Quad as your TA is telling you.

Tell the Carnival CVS/PVP which ship, sailing date number of passengers and specific cabin and see if they do or do not quote it to you ........ if they do .....your TA or the way you are booked maybe the problem. Don't give up or curse Carnival until you try it yourself.

Okay just for grins and giggles, the computer let me book (well I didn't finish it, but it didn't stop me) that cabin checking only 3 passengers ........ problem has to be the way you booked (like Early Saver) or your TA, or your TA has you booked with a group that doesn't allow booking SPA cabins. Something is not right with what you are being told by your TA IMHO.

Okay, I think I might have found an alternative. It looks like the OV cat 6s is available for room 11202. Description says its a window that looks outide onto walkway. What does this mean? Just a window? What is the walkway for? It would be about $400 more but still 1/2 of what the Spa balconies are. Is it worth it? Please give your advise.

Thanks again for all who listened to my rant today!

It means that you look out onto a public walkway.

So either way...I might be bumped. I'd rather take my chances in the cabin I WANT to be in rather than the cabin I'm in now. Sorry guys for being so gloomy and thanks for letting me vent! I'm just excited to go on the brand new boat and was excited to see these rooms types available only to be told that I can't have them for what seems like a reason that is contradictory.

Why didn't you book the cabin you "want" originally?

[quote name='Shelbyjane56']Our son and his fiancee have the grand suite, which can hold 4 people or so we are told, but its only the 2 of them as they are getting married in st thomas, seems if they will let them have the grand suite they should let you have yours with three in your cabin...I agree what they are doing is stupid![/quote]
Suites, which can cost 2 to 4 times as much as the average regular cabin are not subject to spoilage occupancy restrictions.

[quote name='LornaT'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=purple]Suites because of their pricing is usually exempt from the 2 in a Quad issues. I've had 3 in a Quad Suite and it was never an issue.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=purple]OP - I would just call Carnival for pricing as if you are not already booked ([U][B]unless you booked under ES and THAT is the problem[/B][/U] not the Triple in Quad as your TA is telling you.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=purple]Tell the Carnival CVS/PVP which ship, sailing date number of passengers and specific cabin and see if they do or do not quote it to you ........ if they do .....your TA or the way you are booked maybe the problem. Don't give up or curse Carnival until you try it yourself.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]that shouldnt be a problem. ES you CAN upgrade no problem, Ive done it several times.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]No problem, no charges other then the difference in price.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived